Cool Suggestion, RE: Joke that is the BCS, Boise State vs. USC | The Boneyard

Cool Suggestion, RE: Joke that is the BCS, Boise State vs. USC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Coach Peterson at BSU is mocking the whole BCS system. A suggestion by a BSU fan in the comment section said screw the BCS, screw the MAACO Las Vegas Bowl, call NBC and challenge USC to a game at the Coliseum because the whole thing is a sham anyway.

Just thought it was an interesting suggestion and I would be more interested than some of the BCS games.

Reaction Score
I'd prefer an Occupy BCS approach. This is a system out of whack and exists because the masses allow it to exist. It is designed by and for the haves - and it is specifically designed to ensure the have not's remain in their place. For years, i have argued against a playoff. But watching conference realignment; watching coaches with a conflict stuff the ballot box w/o shame; and being forced to watch a replay of a game already played has me saying enough. Don't watch the BCS games!

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I already don't watch the BCS games. Never have. They don't mean anything besides perception. And considering only the most "historic" schools make them, there is no need to watch them. The only time I will watch is when a surprising team makes it. Therefore, while the BCS seems to want to keep BSU out, I think they would actually draw more TV eyes in a national title game than a rematch between two SEC teams.

Reaction Score
Coach Peterson at BSU is mocking the whole BCS system. A suggestion by a BSU fan in the comment section said screw the BCS, screw the MAACO Las Vegas Bowl, call NBC and challenge USC to a game at the Coliseum because the whole thing is a sham anyway.

Just thought it was an interesting suggestion and I would be more interested than some of the BCS games.

in reality this is how the bowls started to begin with. a town invited two teams to play an exhibition game in their stadium. why shouldn't BSU and USC do just that? it keeps with the spirit of the originations of the bowl games.

i always defended the bowl games because i've always enjoyed travelling to them when i'm able, but this year is a total disgrace. remember when the Gator Bowl was a good bowl? or the Peach Bowl? looking at this years matchups i think the Cotton, Fiesta and Rose are the only ones i'm looking forward to.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

I'm pretty sure this would be an NCAA violation, as its essentially an unauthorized bowl game.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I already don't watch the BCS games. Never have. They don't mean anything besides perception. And considering only the most "historic" schools make them, there is no need to watch them. The only time I will watch is when a surprising team makes it. Therefore, while the BCS seems to want to keep BSU out, I think they would actually draw more TV eyes in a national title game than a rematch between two SEC teams.
The Boise v. Oklahoma game was one for the ages. Especially since OU lost. ;^)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom