Cooked pork chops last night | The Boneyard

Cooked pork chops last night

Reaction Score
Love this team! Always loved IW from his first game, and saw potential. But never expected this development. The season's not over, but we cannot understate the steps this young man has made. Will be valuable for next year as Hurley and everyone knows they can trust him, no matter what role he plays. Lets go out and win the AAC!

Reaction Score
Love this team! Always loved IW from his first game, and saw potential. But never expected this development. The season's not over, but we cannot understate the steps this young man has made. Will be valuable for next year as Hurley and everyone knows they can trust him, no matter what role he plays. Lets go out and win the AAC!

Great post Huskies4ever.

Can not give Isaiah enough love in my book. He exemplifies what I love about college basketball and the Huskies. I am so glad he did not give into the haters (particularly that schmuck who tweeted at him to transfer last summer)... he is my favorite player since Kemba.

A true and great underdog story. I LOVE that his bandwagon has grown exponentially over the last month to 6 weeks. No one... and I mean NO ONE... deserves it more. He exemplifies what happens when great effort meets opportunity.

Great job Isaiah!!! We are all so proud of you, your effort, and how you represent our program and our university!

Reaction Score

A team full of guys like him would win lots of games. Love watching him shine. Glad he is part of the ascension.

Reaction Score
Reverse-seared pork chops recipe:

Get a thick (1.5 to 2") rib cut pork chop, preferably on the bone. If your butcher/supermarket don't have any really thick ones out for display, the meat department will usually cut them thicker for you if you ask. Make sure you have a meat thermometer or probe at home.

Heavily salt the chops and let them sit unwrapped in your fridge for a few hours to preferably overnight (dry brining).

Pre-heat oven to 250. No need to rinse or wipe off the chops as the salt should have been absorbed into the meat. Place them on a sheet pan, and put the pan into the oven. Start checking the temp after about 25 minutes in the oven, depending on thickness. Cook until chops are 115F in the thickest part.

About the same time, but before you take out the chops, start pre-heating a skillet pan with a couple tablespoons of oil (peanut or avocado if you have it, canola next best, then olive) on high, preferably a cast iron or stainless skillet (don't use non-stick). Make sure the skillet is clean, your fan is on, and windows are open if necessary. Get that pan reeaaallly hot. The oil should be at least lightly smoking. When in doubt, get the pan hotter than you think (but make sure you remember not to touch the pan without oven mitts).

Set aside a tablespoon of butter and chop up a couple of shallots (1 per 2 pieces of pork). Grab some rosemary and thyme if you want and set them aside, also. Add the pork chops two at a time to the pan and sear for about 90 seconds, flipping fairly often with tongs and allowing the oil to run back under each time you flip. Keep the skillet on high heat. After 90 seconds, add the butter, herbs, and shallots. Use a metal spoon and spoon the quickly browning butter onto the chops, flipping and continuing to baste after 30 seconds for another 30. If the chops have a section of fat on the side, use your tongs and place the fat directly on the hot pan for 20-30 more seconds. The chops should be a deep golden to light brown, but don't let them burn or cook in the skillet for longer than about 3-4 minutes in total. You don't want to be doing anything else at the same time when you are searing these.

Remove chops from the pan and let them sit on a plate or cutting board for a few minutes. If you need to cook more chops, take the pan off the heat and carefully use a paper towel and wipe out the residue and any burnt bits. Put more oil in, let pan re-heat on high until again smoking, and repeat the process for the remaining chops.

Enjoy with crispy roast potatoes or rice pilaf, steamed or roasted veggies, alongside a Chianti or brown ale.

Reaction Score
All ya got it wrong

PicsArt_02-28-09.15.49.jpg

Reaction Score
I was thoroughly impressed with Pork Chop in the last few games I watched. He's got Stanley Robinson-like athleticism...explosive and super quick off his jumps. Carlton should be picking Pork Chop's brain on how to train better to become a more explosive athlete and not play like he's got ankle weights on...

Reaction Score
I was thoroughly impressed with Pork Chop in the last few games I watched. He's got Stanley Robinson-like athleticism...explosive and super quick off his jumps. Carlton should be picking Pork Chop's brain on how to train better to become a more explosive athlete and not play like he's got ankle weights on...

When he first played as a freshmen, I thought of a Stanley Robinson - Lite. Not quite the hops (who has those?), but hops nonetheless, with length and quickness.

Reaction Score
Pork chops steamed in sauerkraut are the best. Throw in some hot peppers to enhance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom