Conversation With The Microwave | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Conversation With The Microwave

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Football is all that matters? Is that why they took Rutgers in the big 10 or whatever they call it? Maybe the potential for being better in FB in a better league at this point.

That's right. Football is by far the biggest revenue producer for conferences and the NCAA. Louisville got into the ACC over us because of it. Rutgers was proactive in seeking out a new conference and had enough success in football in the late 2000's to make themselves attractive. They had invested a huge amount in football facilities and have a much larger capacity stadium than UCONN does. They also happen to be lucky enough to be in the metro NYC media market and delivered a huge market of cable TV subscribers. To show how insignificant BB is to P5 conferences, Rutgers has an old, small BB arena (the RAC) and the B10 didn't care.

UCONN's ultimate value to another conference is in football and the positive effect that can be delivered by it in the media market we can dominate.

Reaction Score
I had a cugino whose son I hired at my parlor. He made the best pie any of my employees had ever made. The kid was 16, and going to be a star. Next thing you know, he gets caught diddling another girl, and his girlfriend breaks up with him. He gets reckless, and he doesn’t properly develop the pies like he used to. I saw him slipping. Customers are becoming angry. It wasn’t the same pizza they were used to. Then, behind my back, he’s making pizzas prior to the dough getting the correct rise, and I’m taken aback. I fire him out of the blue, and told him he violated the rules of making pizza. To my surprise, my cugino is all mad at me because family should take paramount. I tell him, “cugino, it’s a business. If I did what he did, I’d fire myself.” I’ve since hired an Irish kid whose parents owned a parlor down in Jersey, you know, he grew up around pizza. I have very high hopes.
lol this isn't going to go over well

Reaction Score
That's right. Football is by far the biggest revenue producer for conferences and the NCAA. Louisville got into the ACC over us because of it. Rutgers was proactive in seeking out a new conference and had enough success in football in the late 2000's to make themselves attractive. They had invested a huge amount in football facilities and have a much larger capacity stadium than UCONN does. They also happen to be lucky enough to be in the metro NYC media market and delivered a huge market of cable TV subscribers. To show how insignificant BB is to P5 conferences, Rutgers has an old, small BB arena (the RAC) and the B10 didn't care.

UCONN's ultimate value to another conference is in football and the positive effect that can be delivered by it in the media market we can dominate.
All true. I just think at this point these p5 conferences are trying to fill out a geographic footprint and get to 16 teams. Uconn is as good as any out of what is left, and imo just as good a fit as Rutgers. Uconn is competitive with lower tier schools in the big and acc in FB. Maybe not the last few years, but they have the potential to get better in a better league. Certainly in BB we are a nice addition to any conference, despite the last couple of years. But I know , it is all about FB unfortunately.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom