Conor Hanratty | The Boneyard

Conor Hanratty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not to start a rumor, because I know it's a long shot,
But, he lost his starting job on the O-Line for Notre Dame.
They have about 15 4-5 * OL in the program.
And he has one more year of elibilty next year.
CT kid who never was offered by Edsall, but knows Diaco very well.
Not saying he's great, but sure would be an upgrade for one year.
Could play guard or tackle.

Reaction Score

make-it-so-captain.jpg

Reaction Score
Is he a graduating senior with eligibility? Otherwise, how would he be able to play right away?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Looks like he is a SR this year but he redshirted his FR year.

I'm all in on trying to find OL depth via the transfer route.

Reaction Score
If it is possible for him to transfer and play right away.... let's give it some time folks. It's only October 6th of the new football season. 2015 is a long way away.

Reaction Score
Never offered by Edsall because he was a legacy at ND. We were never in that picture.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Marinelli would never allow it. That means he loses all his leverage to keep New Canaan players away from his home state's flagship university.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Marinelli would never allow it. That means he loses all his leverage to keep New Canaan players away from his home state's flagship university.

Could could be a large part of the equation (depending on how close Hanratty still is to Marinelli and if CH is even considering a transfer). Yes, Marinelli is correct that RE never offered. He does however conveniently leave out the fact that CH had publicly stated he was attending ND even if he had to walk-on from early in his HS career and that Marinelli just wanted RE to kiss his backside for a while prior to being turned down ny the kid.

Marinelli still sees UConn as what it was when he began coaching at NC (nearly 35 years ago) and believes that his kids who are good enough to play at a collegiate level are too good (either athletically or academically, if they are FCS bound) for the school.

Reaction Score
Good grief. We are dealing with a young man from an affluent suburb whose father was a Heisman candidate. His high school coach is not going to be making his decision on where he should transfer to for a fifth year of ball, even if anyone assumes that (i) he has any interest in leaving ND just because he is no longer a starter and (ii) he has any interest in playing a 5th year of ball after getting his degree.

Reaction Score
He needs ND to release him. He needs to reach out to potential schools. He needs to graduate. He needs to be accepted into a graduate program. Unlikely ND would release him to any opponent next year so Uconn is one of about 100 potential destinations for him. If Diaco is as good a recruiter and coach as people want to believe, Uconn should be on the very short list of finalists. Fifth year transfers to stop gap some of the holes is an absolute need for Uconn. They could use as many as 5 in my mind but I would put a minimum acceptable number at 2. If BC can get 6 over 2 year period (including 2 OL that are/were starters), then Uconn should be able to do it too.

Reaction Score
Good grief. We are dealing with a young man from an affluent suburb whose father was a Heisman candidate. His high school coach is not going to be making his decision on where he should transfer to for a fifth year of ball, even if anyone assumes that (i) he has any interest in leaving ND just because he is no longer a starter and (ii) he has any interest in playing a 5th year of ball after getting his degree.

Leave us alone. We're dreaming.

h369D5FC6

Reaction Score
Leave us alone. We're dreaming.

h369D5FC6

I think you missed the point. I was leaving the thought that he might transfer here alone. It was the speculation that maybe he might transfer here but his high school coach would prevent it that, even for the speculation on this thread, became unbearable for me.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think you missed the point. I was leaving the thought that he might transfer here alone. It was the speculation that maybe he might transfer here but his high school coach would prevent it that, even for the speculation on this thread, became unbearable for me.
You must have missed the tongue, which was planted firmly (but gently) in the cheek...at least on my part...

Reaction Score

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I dont see this happening - Casey retired with 3 concussions.
We have said no to players with medical and they went on to other schools and played - I just dont see this happening but would help tremendously if it did, and if Hanratty still loves football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom