Connecticut Sun Now Have 2 Of The Top 4 Picks In WNBA Draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Connecticut Sun Now Have 2 Of The Top 4 Picks In WNBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would offer Seattle the #3 and #4 picks along with Chiney Ogwumike for Stewart. If we had to throw in any other player.

Reaction Score
I would be surprised it the Sun didn't try to make some kind of a deal for Stewie. They probably
won't be the only team trying to lure the pick away from Seattle. Having the 3rd and 4th picks
are a nice bargaining tool though.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
At the risk of getting a lot of grief, I'd probably would take Jillian Alleyene over Morgan. Primarily because of Morgans future playing days. Morgan MAY only have a one or two year WNBA career while I'm not aware of any limitation on Alleyne. Alleyne is a better rebounder then Morgan as well.

Hopefully as a UConn fan, Morgan sees the same, as decides her long term earnings might benefit her more by returning next year to work on her Masters full time.

If not for her recurring knee pain, Morgan would be a top 3 draft choice. I agree that Morgan's upside is limited because of her physical liabilities. Playing a full WNBA season, and playing overseas given her present condition I would think is completely out of the question.

Morgan returning next year to complete and secure her masters degree would make a lot of sense in the long run for her because of her potential limited number of years she'll be able to play. The WNBA will still be in business next year.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
I would be surprised it the Sun didn't try to make some kind of a deal for Stewie. They probably
won't be the only team trying to lure the pick away from Seattle. Having the 3rd and 4th picks
if I'm Seattle that's probably the only deal I take. Result: Western conference will have the top 4 teams. MN PHX LA SEA.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Or the Sun could trade #3 and #4 for the #2 and take MoJeff.....:)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
After her 5th year, how about Geno hiring Morgan as a Graduate Assistant so she continue to pursue her educational goals or if she has aspirations of coaching get somec oaching experience.

If not for her recurring knee pain, Morgan would be a top 3 draft choice. I agree that Morgan's upside is limited because of her physical liabilities. Playing a full WNBA season, and playing overseas given her present condition I would think is completely out of the question.

Morgan returning next year to complete and secure her masters degree would make a lot of sense in the long run for her because of her potential limited number of years she'll be able to play. The WNBA will still be in business next year.

Reaction Score
No offense to Morgan, but given her knee history, any GM who drafts her as their first pick is playing Russian Roulette. Not as risky as taking Brit Hunter, but the kid has limited years as a pro given her history and need to take games off during the year even at UCONN. And the WNBA schedule is much more demanding than the college schedule.

Sadly I have to agree with you. She might be able to play overseas but I think the pace of the WNBA would be too much for her knees.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
After her 5th year, how about Geno hiring Morgan as a Graduate Assistant so she continue to pursue her educational goals or if she has aspirations of coaching get somec oaching experience.
I think that's a great idea - Geno has often said that Morgan is the most vocal leader on the court, and even when she's on the bench. It seems a natural role for her to morph into some sort of coaching gig, especially if her knees aren't going to allow for a 12 month workload of professional hoops...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I wonder how many different scenarios Sun management will ponder between now and draft day, in a effort to maximize their 2 first round picks. One thing is for certain, they better not screw this up! :eek:

Reaction Score
That makes the most sense to me. They need Stewie for a variety of reasons. They could package one or both #3 and #4 along with a Player ( Chiney?) and both teams would be happy. Williams was never going to be a reliable or consistent player for the Sun.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing you are joking, but it would take WAY, WAY more than that to pry that pick away from Seattle.
OK, how about Ogwumike, 3 and 4, to Seattle for the first pick.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My sincere thanks go out to the CT SUN General Manager and Coach ....... perhaps I could fedex them a couple of BBQ sandwiches from Stamey's and a case of Cheerwine :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom