Connecticut Sun @ Minnesota Lynx - 7/15/18 | The Boneyard

Connecticut Sun @ Minnesota Lynx - 7/15/18

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
When you're in the #8 spot every game is must-win.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Only 1 in double figures for Minnesota (Fowles w/ 12). Yikes.

edited--83-64 final

Reaction Score
Terrific game by the Connecticut bench. Morgan and Rachel were shooting lights-out, Jonquel was solid, Layshia with 5 assists... keep it up! I wouldn't expect the team to dominate a game where Alyssa and Chiney combine for only 4 points, but there it is. Sun have now won the season series against the Lynx.

Reaction Score
CT Sun had 48 points off the bench with Tuck 15, J. Jones 11,and Banham 11 on 9 for 15 3's leading the way! Also the Sun were outstanding on the boards,41 to 27! Brunson being hurt was a main contributor to that stat! Moore, Fowles and Whalen were 11 for 31! These are my 2 favorite WNBA teams and it hurts to see the Linx get old overnight!
But the Sun, when all are able to play, are a load for any team to handle! As mentioned above, surprising that Sun were dominate with Chiney and AT not contributing their regular stats! L. Clarendon lead the team with 5 assts. has fit in seamlessly! As she gets time with her teammates her scoring will improve to the 12 to 15 point level.
If the Sun can keep all healthy it will be an interesting end to the season!

Reaction Score
These are my 2 favorite WNBA teams and it hurts to see the Linx get old overnight!

I’m not sure how much it has to do with old. Are Chiney and Thomas old? They had off games. Difference is the Lynx don’t have the luxury of a quality bench like they did last year, like I mentioned in the last Lynx game thread.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
CT Sun had 48 points off the bench with Tuck 15, J. Jones 11,and Banham 11 on 9 for 15 3's leading the way! Also the Sun were outstanding on the boards,41 to 27! Brunson being hurt was a main contributor to that stat! Moore, Fowles and Whalen were 11 for 31! These are my 2 favorite WNBA teams and it hurts to see the Linx get old overnight!
But the Sun, when all are able to play, are a load for any team to handle! As mentioned above, surprising that Sun were dominate with Chiney and AT not contributing their regular stats! L. Clarendon lead the team with 5 assts. has fit in seamlessly! As she gets time with her teammates her scoring will improve to the 12 to 15 point level.
If the Sun can keep all healthy it will be an interesting end to the season!
There were several key players on the bench last year for Minny: Pierson, Perkins, Howard, and Montgomery.

Pierson looked to be at the end of the line and retired.

Perkins appeared to have some mileage left, but retired.

Howard went to Seattle, where she took a starting slot from Langhorne and looks to be the league’s MIP.

Montgomery, who has started a lot of games in her career, went to Atlanta, where she made Clarendon expendable.

I think Cheryl would love to have Natasha and Renee back. I’m still waiting for Alexis Jones. She has the potential to be a Chelsea Gray-type player.

Reaction Score
Usually when your stars start putting on some years management starts bringing in players that could eventually take over the starting reins in the near future but MN has let 2 really good players off the bench, potential starters, go and no one on the bench at this moment shows any drive to be a starter in waiting! The 2 that retired weren't a major loss! But in losing Renee and Howard they lost the future PG and PF!
Meanwhile the CT Sun can go 10 deep with talented players who buy into the team aspect and play their roles to the fullest!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom