Connecticut Sun Dismiss Aliyyah Handford and Heather Butler | The Boneyard

Connecticut Sun Dismiss Aliyyah Handford and Heather Butler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
May 3, 2016

UNCASVILLE, Conn. (May 2, 2016) – The Connecticut Sun announced today it has waived rookie Aliyyah Handford.

Selected in the third round of the 2016 WNBA Draft with the 27th overall pick, Handford was the all-time leading scorer in the history of the St. John’s program, finishing her career 2,058 points. The Sun also cut free agent guard Heather Butler, who was signed to a training camp contract on April 21st, this past weekend.

[LINK]

Both are guards. It's early, but, good news for Kelly Faris?

Last edited:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
BTW: I think the Sun host San Antonio with MoJeff on Wednesday....first exhibition game.
Does Mo start?

Husky4Life

ibleedblue
Reaction Score
BTW: I think the Sun host San Antonio with MoJeff on Wednesday....first exhibition game.
Does Mo start?

Isn't it Atlanta vs. San Antonio Wednesday instead?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
The Sun play the Sky at Mohegan tomorrow evening (Wednesday). I hope to see EDD play.

I think the likelihood is that Kelly and Jamie Weisner will be contending for the last backcourt slot on the team.

Reaction Score
upload_2016-5-3_11-55-30.png

UNCASVILLE – Since Kelly Faris joined the Connecticut Sun four seasons ago, her pro career has been punctuated by persistence and hard work, the trademarks that turned her into a championship player at UConn.

Those attributes, which have carried her through the first 81 games of her WNBA career, are going to have to take her to another level this year if she hopes to make the team again.

"Kelly is a true professional," Sun coach Curt Miller said. "She has great fitness and she plays hard every possession. She's comfortable with the terminology, the strategies of the pro game. We know we can count on her for things and she can be a defensive stopper in the right situation. She gives us a calming influence.

"But she is in an absolute battle for a roster spot. It is a battle for our last few roster spots. And it will not be easy to make those decisions."

MORE...

Can we start a voting campaign for Kelly? :D :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members