Connecticut Sun Coach | The Boneyard

Connecticut Sun Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone have any information regarding the hunt for a new coach?

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
However, she said in an interview in the Courant that she is not interested at this time.

Reaction Score
John Altavilla47 minutes ago
The @ConnecticutSun likely to name new coach this week.
Minnesota assistant Jim Petersen is out, as is Washington assistant Eric Thibault

John Altavilla
Sources confirming Smith, Miller and Thibault, son of former @ConnecticutSun coach, interviewed. Minn assistant Petersen said no to offer.

John Altavilla
Meanwhile, @katiesmith30 is coach in the making. Was assistant at @nyliberty this season. Likely needs more experience.

Reaction Score
The Sun is holding a party Thursday late afternoon for season ticket holders - my assumption is that the announcement will be made then. Can't wait!
John Altavilla47 minutes ago
The @ConnecticutSun likely to name new coach this week.
Minnesota assistant Jim Petersen is out, as is Washington assistant Eric Thibault

John Altavilla
Sources confirming Smith, Miller and Thibault, son of former @ConnecticutSun coach, interviewed. Minn assistant Petersen said no to offer.

John Altavilla
Meanwhile, @katiesmith30 is coach in the making. Was assistant at @nyliberty this season. Likely needs more experience.

Reaction Score
I would really like to know what happened with him at Indiana. It was very suspicious. He did coach Kia Nurse's sister there and they were very much in the hunt for her until his 'resignation'.

Timeline is a little bit off. I had Curt on Dishin & Swishin after Kia committed to UConn and he told me how much we would love having her, and that he had been really hopeful, etc etc.

"personal and family reasons" are not my business. He's a heckuva coach and a darn nice guy. Glad to have him in Connecticut. Looking forward to it.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Timeline is a little bit off. I had Curt on Dishin & Swishin after Kia committed to UConn and he told me how much we would love having her, and that he had been really hopeful, etc etc.

"personal and family reasons" are not my business. He's a heckuva coach and a darn nice guy. Glad to have him in Connecticut. Looking forward to it.

David, I hope you can get Curt back on to talk Sun basketball in the near future (maybe after the draft). I met him tonight, and he seems like a good guy. I wish him all the success in the world here in "Neon Uncasville".

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Press on the new Sun coach... big Geno connection, insights on the seasons past and hints of the future. I talked to both Sienko and Miller tonight and I'm on board. Nowhere to go but up and as for the new coach... In Geno We Trust, right?

DiMauro
http://www.theday.com/sports-columns/20151217/the-suns-lines-of-communication-are-open-with-miller

Altavilla
http://www.courant.com/sports/baske...ew-coach-curt-miller-1218-20151217-story.html

Jacobs
http://www.courant.com/sports/basketball/hc-jacobs-column-1218-20151217-column.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom