connecticut ppl. what region did you grow up supporting? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

connecticut ppl. what region did you grow up supporting?

connecticut ppl. what region did you grow up supporting?

• boston pizza trash

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • nyc/new haven pizza

Votes: 68 95.8%

• Total voters

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i grew up supporting Bridgeport area pizza. it's all there. greek, neopolitan, sicilian, etc. and, often pepe's and zups when visiting elmtown. lots and lots of Manhattan za joints too. Boston had plenty of good stuff, and reginas was always on the menu. Providence/Cranston area does just fine, tho Newport was sketchy.
Saratoga and Albany? fail.
east end of the island? lousy and overpriced.
ski country? everybody is always hungry there, so rational critique is useless.
of course, in my current digs of the east shore, well, lets just say outstanding. belissimo! best local and abundanza choices that i've ever had.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
thinking a bit more on this 'grow up supporting' thing, at the end of my block, aboot 20 houses away, was a pizza place that i started 'supporting' while walking home from kindergarden. on the 5 block walk to the big house, as we called it, there was another closer to that school, only supported when some of us would jailbreak from the playground recess to grab a slice. i remember a new teach lady, on playground supervision duty, freaking out as our pack of hooligans went all shawshank on her. more lectures from school management sounding in 'the others, i can understand, but you clif? you?' i prolly said something like 'i like pizza too.' i prolly also said 'and don't bother my folks on this, they also like pizza.' so it began. another of the neighborhood parlors threw me out once (2nd or 3rd grade), cuz i annoyed him when i figgered out that his price for an 8 slice pie was more than ordering '8 slices, please.' he was like 'so u want an 8 slice pie, right?' 'no, 8 slices, please.' like in the cartoons with the lightbulb over a head thing, i watched as he turned from quizzical, to angry. 'you get out!' sad, cuz he made some righteous sicilian.
when i moved on to middle school, fughettabootit, still walking (never took a bus to school in my life), i easily had a handful of choices. im a bit disappointed in myself for not pulling one of these moves when i was at Central High, cuz i was hungry there, too.

often, we'd jump on our bikes, and head out to the swells (Blackrock) to get some of that greek pie goodness, all greasy with that awesome crust. no greek pies on my block. i was an underprivileged kid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom