Connecticut On The Jersey Is a Must for Big East | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Connecticut On The Jersey Is a Must for Big East

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I grew up 2,000 miles west of New England and never in a million years did I think I would attend the University of Connecticut for college. To my buddies growing up, the University of Connecticut sounded like a small cold regional school no different than a Vermont, Maine or New Hampshire out of a Thoreau Walden Pond book and to be honest, none of us was quite sure how to spell Connecticut either.

UConn though? That was cool basketball shorts, Khalid El-Amin, Final Fours, fast breaks and the reason I decided to take a visit to Storrs when I was picking a college.

Twenty years later, I’m a UConn grad, season-ticket holder and Connecticut resident. Everywhere I travel for work or vacation, I wear a UConn shirt or jacket and in places you would never expect it, someone often comes up to me and says something about how much they like UConn basketball and how cool it must have been to have gone to UConn. Still haven’t had a conversation about the University of Connecticut yet.

UConn is the brand. The brand matters.
Thank you for your interest in University of Connecticut basketball!

In this case, really.

Reaction Score
I love when I see “Uconn” with a lower case “C” smh....It’s UConn or Connecticut

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
FE649173-12B5-471E-A2F7-54874F9257AA.jpeg

leaked image of new alternates

Reaction Score
I love the old "Connecticut" jerseys and would appreciate a throwback of them every once in a while, but if we were going to make some type of a "Connecticut" jersey a constant, I would want to use the relatively new font that the university brands itself with. It would look really clean, especially since we would be using the same font as "UConn".

See the auto decal below :):
Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 12.38.10 PM.png

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I love my blue jersey. It's blue or white IMO. Never grey.
Agree. Gray looks like a practice uniform or even worse "the Hoyas". No uniform should emulate the Hoya's. That would be almost as bad as having orange road uniforms. I find myself avoiding my own orange casual shirts etc. and it has probably come from being immersed in the BY culture on a daily basis. Thanks for reminding me that blue (not powder blue either) is my favorite color!

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
It’s about appealing to the whole country. It was a big Warde/Susan Hearbst move. They thought if they go by UConn they’ll be attractively nationally. Now that conference realignment is dead and we play 99% of our sports in a regional conference we absolutely should use Connecticut as well. I’m STUNNED they brought back the Block C for football. The Block C also sucks. Don’t @ me
White block C on blue helmet is my favorite.

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
I’d like a dark blue jersey with Connecticut in cursive - would be classy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom