Connecticut On The Jersey Is a Must for Big East | The Boneyard

Connecticut On The Jersey Is a Must for Big East

Reaction Score
I am good with UConn, not a big deal to me. Like seeing Bouk on the team in any jersey. Burn any grey one's though. For obvious reasons.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I am good with UConn, not a big deal to me. Like seeing Bouk on the team in any jersey. Burn any grey one's though. For obvious reasons.
What's the problem w/ the greys?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This!!!!

I don't understand why they ignore/go out of there way to not have Connecticut on the jersey. It's the University of Connecticut!
It’s about appealing to the whole country. It was a big Warde/Susan Hearbst move. They thought if they go by UConn they’ll be attractively nationally. Now that conference realignment is dead and we play 99% of our sports in a regional conference we absolutely should use Connecticut as well. I’m STUNNED they brought back the Block C for football. The Block C also sucks. Don’t @ me

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Connecticut is the state and Uconn is the brand. I think it’s important to have a little bit of both. We should have 4 jerseys. One of each for home and away. We don’t need to go all Oregon football with a different uniform every game, but 4 would suffice! And we should be able to buy them easily as well.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
hoya grey for the road

the blue is awful
2AFF5379-9E56-4E43-9566-4760967746A1.gif

Reaction Score
It’s about appealing to the whole country. It was a big Warde/Susan Hearbst move. They thought if they go by UConn they’ll be attractively nationally. Now that conference realignment is dead and we play 99% of our sports in a regional conference we absolutely should use Connecticut as well. I’m STUNNED they brought back the Block C for football. The Block C also sucks. Don’t @ me
Anything Warde and Susan did should be reversed.

Also block C doesn’t suck. Most recruits seem to prefer it over the wolf logo.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Connecticut is the state and Uconn is the brand. I think it’s important to have a little bit of both. We should have 4 jerseys. One of each for home and away. We don’t need to go all Oregon football with a different uniform every game, but 4 would suffice! And we should be able to buy them easily as well.

And frankly UConn is a much stronger brand.

Reaction Score

The block C is absolutely brutal. It harks back to a “tradition” 20 years old that culminated in getting curb stomped by Oklahoma and our CURRENT COACH leaving like a thief in the night for his “dream job” and going against all of the moral lessons he is trying instill on players.

Reaction Score
And frankly UConn is a much stronger brand.
This is the answer. The word UConn is a very strong brand on a national scale and the marketing department probably recommends maintaining consistency to continue to build the brand using one of their best assets. I’m very much on board with the Connecticut jerseys though. Such a great look.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Danny is bringing in kids who live to be in the gym. I say we call skins every game and see how it shakes out.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
As long as we have a season this year they can play in a diaper for all I care, with that said I do like Connecticut for road jerseys and Uconn for home games. For those of us who have been watching for decades tradition has value

Reaction Score
I grew up 2,000 miles west of New England and never in a million years did I think I would attend the University of Connecticut for college. To my buddies growing up, the University of Connecticut sounded like a small cold regional school no different than a Vermont, Maine or New Hampshire out of a Thoreau Walden Pond book and to be honest, none of us was quite sure how to spell Connecticut either.

UConn though? That was cool basketball shorts, Khalid El-Amin, Final Fours, fast breaks and the reason I decided to take a visit to Storrs when I was picking a college.

Twenty years later, I’m a UConn grad, season-ticket holder and Connecticut resident. Everywhere I travel for work or vacation, I wear a UConn shirt or jacket and in places you would never expect it, someone often comes up to me and says something about how much they like UConn basketball and how cool it must have been to have gone to UConn. Still haven’t had a conversation about the University of Connecticut yet.

UConn is the brand. The brand matters.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It'd be nice for a single home game throwback, assuming we can get Nike to foot the bill.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom