Connecticut Not Sneaking Up On Anybody This Season | The Boneyard

Connecticut Not Sneaking Up On Anybody This Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Two thoughts:

1. Daniels is going to be a big key for this team. They will count on him to create his own offense, as Giffey and Smith bomb from downtown on kickouts.

2. Players like Lamb, Napier, Smith, Giffey and Olander should keep in mind that they have NEVER lost a game to a non-Big East team. It's a good streak to continue this year.

Reaction Score
I forgot about the streak. I hope it lasts through beyond this season. :)

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
"It's a weird feeling, because last year no one cared to watch us besides our fans, but this year we have a lot of bandwagoners on our tail now," point guard Shabazz Napier said. "And it's fine with me

"Realistically, you've got to see him play," Nappier said. "He's a creature to be honest."

Reaction Score
I'll take "Headlines From 1990" for $800, Alex.

Not to pick on anyone, but I don't think UConn has been able to sneak up on anyone since the Dream Season. Even a couple of the off years we've had since then have featured NBA players, and the UConn name now carries enough cache that beating us in a down year causes players/fans to puff out their chests a little. Perhaps you could argue we snuck up on Virginia in 1993 when we beat them 77-38 coming off an NIT year, but Virginia wasn't a good enough program to allow themselves to be ambushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom