Connecticut Natives Emerging As Standouts On Young UConn Defense (Courant) | The Boneyard

Connecticut Natives Emerging As Standouts On Young UConn Defense (Courant)

Reaction Score
Connecticut Natives Emerging As Standouts On Young UConn Defense

>>>>With three weeks until the season-opener Aug. 30 against UCF, three Connecticut natives are regularly practicing with UConn’s first-team defense: Windsor’s Tyler Coyle, Hartford’s Tahj Herring-Wilson and Stamford’s Omar Fortt (with New Haven’s Travis Jones also earning first-team reps on the defensive line).<<

>>Fortt, Coyle and Herring-Wilson all say that being from Connective gives them added motivation to build up UConn’s program. “There’s always been extra meaning,” Coyle said. “Being from Connecticut, I committed when the program was struggling, and that was one of my goals: to see the program rise back up.”<<

Reaction Score
[QUOT"metsfan2 pos memb]Y a Gardn/QUO
Connecticut Natives Emerging As Standouts On Young UConn Defense

>>>>With three weeks until the season-opener Aug. 30 against UCF, three Connecticut natives are regularly practicing with UConn’s first-team defense: Windsor’s Tyler Coyle, Hartford’s Tahj Herring-Wilson and Stamford’s Omar Fortt (with New Haven’s Travis Jones also earning first-team reps on the defensive line).<<

>>Fortt, Coyle and Herring-Wilson all say that being from Connective gives them added motivation to build up UConn’s program. “There’s always been extra meaning,” Coyle said. “Being from Connecticut, I committed when the program was struggling, and that was one of my goals: to see the program rise back up.”<<
I've heard Edsall say a couple times since spring practice that he expects big things from Coyle including becoming more vocal as a leader for the team on and off the field. I think that's a tall order for a kid that has to yet play his first game as a sophomore. That being said, I don't think Edsall would have said it if he felt Tyler wasn't up to the task.

I know this article is about defense, but another in state sophomore Edsall is expecting big things from is Keyion Dixon.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Let's go get 'em, dogs!!! (Clean version of my normal punching slogan)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom