Connecticut native Nick Capone brings physical presence to UConn hockey team: 'That New Haven edge' (Hearst) | The Boneyard

Connecticut native Nick Capone brings physical presence to UConn hockey team: 'That New Haven edge' (Hearst)

Reaction Score

Wrap around access <<

-> “He's always been a big, strong, tough kid,” Cavanaugh said this week. “He also has the ability to make a play, and he can really shoot the puck. So there's a lot to like about Nick. I think he's your prototypical power forward, like a Milan Lucic or Cam Neely. He can score. He can play physical. I think this year it's starting to come together for him.” <-

-> “The tougher the game gets, I think his play will rise,” Cavanaugh said. “He and I talk about it all the time, if he wants to take physical penalties like boarding or hitting too hard, we can kill those. I think he's done a good job of eliminating the unnecessary penalties. He does [affect a game] physically, throughout. But he's not just a fighter. Nick has a high-end skill set that I want to see him utilize on a game to game basis.” <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline
Top Bottom