Connecticut High School Preseason Poll | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Connecticut High School Preseason Poll

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Isn't Southington High a bunch of New Britain kids?
No.
they have been good since jude kelly got there.

rob was telling me they stuck in another thread because they werent in the top ten for 2 years.
Kelly brought them immediate success, but Bill Mella kind of instilled a culture of winning. When Mella left, DJ Hernandez sort of ran the program astray. Drury's got it back on track and will continue to do so, Southington is a pretty big football town with lots of residents and good athletes.

Reaction Score
Edsall is recruiting the kid from Wilton, Gulbin. I was hoping he would go after the kid from Danbury, but BC saw him first.
That's a tough road. A P5 offer will be taken over UConn 95% of the time, and any Fairfield County kid from the wealthy towns like Wilton with pretty good test scores/grades will be pushed toward an Ivy rather than UConn.

Reaction Score
That's a tough road. A P5 offer will be taken over UConn 95% of the time, and any Fairfield County kid from the wealthy towns like Wilton with pretty good test scores/grades will be pushed toward an Ivy rather than UConn.
Wow..............I love your optimism, you should mail this to Edsall and tell him he's wasting his time.:rolleyes:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Most of these local coaches need to get off their high horses and stop hating the state program for whatever BS personal reason as it hurts their players

Reaction Score
I'm really high on Danbury. I think they have a chance to be good the next several years.

Only 3 schools with more than 2400 kids (according to CIAC): Danbury (3100), NB (2900), Greenwich (2800). In fact only 16 other schools with even 1/2 as many boys as Dbury.

Reaction Score
Hand is #1, St Joe's moves up to Class L because they kill the M & S class schools every year.

About time. I dont understand why they don't put the big Catholics in LL and small Catholics in L. And leave M and certainly S for the small publics.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Only 3 schools with more than 2400 kids (according to CIAC): Danbury (3100), NB (2900), Greenwich (2800). In fact only 16 other schools with even 1/2 as many boys as Dbury.
Danbury is almost at 3400 for this school year

crazyUCfan23

Reaction Score
why?
Not positive but I believe there’s some history when he was coaching at another high school and he wasn’t happy with the state of the program the last couple years. I’m regards to Jah, who’s BC bound, he felt like edsall didntbpay him enough attention until after he already had a ton of offers.

Reaction Score
Hand better keep this up to save face for exiling the father of Hand football when snubbed Mike Ciotti of the head coaching position. He was so pissed he pulled his kids out of the school system

Reaction Score
Not positive but I believe there’s some history when he was coaching at another high school and he wasn’t happy with the state of the program the last couple years. I’m regards to Jah, who’s BC bound, he felt like edsall didntbpay him enough attention until after he already had a ton of offers.
I don't know about that, Joyner didn't even make All-State last year, so alot of football people didn't know about Joyner. That being said, a kid with 11 sacks his junior year in the FCIAC is bound to be noticed by somebody. I'll bet some one tipped off Addazio, and BC grabbed him first. If the kid felt BC was the place to go because they offered him first then my hat's off to Addazio. Addazio's a Cheshire guy anyway IIRC, and he's done well in CT last few years, Zach Allen and Jack Conley (New Canaan), AJ Dillon (New London), Pallozollo (Fairfield Prep) among others. If anything this taught Edsall a good lesson on recruiting in state, do the legwork and build a good organization in state, and you'll find players.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know about that, Joyner didn't even make All-State last year, so alot of football people didn't know about Joyner. That being said, a kid with 11 sacks his junior year in the FCIAC is bound to be noticed by somebody. I'll bet some one tipped off Addazio, and BC grabbed him first. If the kid felt BC was the place to go because they offered him first then my hat's off to Addazio. Addazio's a Cheshire guy anyway IIRC, and he's done well in CT last few years, Zach Allen and Jack Conley (New Canaan), AJ Dillon (New London), Pallozollo (Fairfield Prep) among others. If anything this taught Edsall a good lesson on recruiting in state, do the legwork and build a good organization in state, and you'll find players.

I get that Edsall’s style/demeanor is not going to stroke every coach but UConn was Joyner’s 5th offer which was made in person on his visit to campus on 3/1 (and within a couple of days of offers #3 & #4). BC offered a month after UConn (and after 3 other schools offered). Some kids are just not going to stay in State.

Reaction Score
I get that Edsall’s style/demeanor is not going to stroke every coach but UConn was Joyner’s 5th offer which was made in person on his visit to campus on 3/1 (and within a couple of days of offers #3 & #4). BC offered a month after UConn (and after 3 other schools offered). Some kids are just not going to stay in State.
Didn't know that. Thanks medic. All five or six schools that offered him first probably all thought they had him in the bag, Lol. Good point on Edsall's demeanor.

crazyUCfan23

Reaction Score
his recruiting kind of of blew up out of nowhere during the winter months i believe. I don't remember him being talked about that much during the season, but he has all the measurables that college coaches are looking for.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Remember watching Ky'Juon Butler at Bloomfield last year and wondering where he'd land. After twenty minutes of googling, looks like he's doing a post-grad year at the New Hampton School in New Hampshire. Hope the kid gets some DI offers.

Reaction Score
What happened to Hartford high school football it use to be very very good

crazyUCfan23

Reaction Score
What happened to Hartford high school football it use to be very very good
there are so many magnet schools in/around hartford that not as many kids go to the public schools anymore.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
No.

Kelly brought them immediate success, but Bill Mella kind of instilled a culture of winning. When Mella left, DJ Hernandez sort of ran the program astray. Drury's got it back on track and will continue to do so, Southington is a pretty big football town with lots of residents and good athletes.
Senior class in every sport is loaded with talent

Reaction Score
There was a time when NBHS was seldom not in the conversation as a top HS program. I remember listening to games from the Orange Bowl in Miami on the radio. I also remember freezing my butt of at Willow Brook stadium as a kid and NBHS student for the annual Thanksgiving game. That pretty much says I am a dinosaur.
You do know that New Britain is historically #2 in the state in the number of wins by its football program. 792 wins IIRC, number one historically is Ansonia with 800 some odd wins.

Reaction Score
Some very intriguing interconference games coming up this weekend. Darien vs Southington, St Joe's vs NDWH, Newtown vs Fairfield Prep. Also FCIAC matchup Greenwich vs Trumbull looks interesting, although Greenwich will probably win, the question is by how much. Trumbull is not a bad team. Also Masuk plays Windsor and Weston visits Hillhouse.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom