Congratulations Stef and Azura! WNBA Champs! | The Boneyard

Congratulations Stef and Azura! WNBA Champs!

Reaction Score
Congrats to Kahleah Copper well deserves to be the final MVP.

Phoenix has only 3 players can score, BG, DT and SDS, and sad to see Kia cannot play due to injury. Don't know why Phoenix only gives Bria 6 mins to play?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Not to take anything away from Steph but now I remember why I don't watch the WNBA anymore. The refs let so much contact that it's nothing like the way it's supposed to be played. In some States it would have been considered an assault on some of the players. DT got mugged, pushed, shoved, even got hit upside the head and no call. These refs shouldn't even be able to call grade school basketball.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Congratulations to both.
I hope the Z bashing that is occurring on the FB post doesn't start here, just because she didn't return for her redshirt Senior year. I know some BYers took that personally, IMO, but she did what was best for her.
Jumping off my soapbox now.

Reaction Score
Dolson must be over the moon. A gold medal and a wnba championship in the same year!

So she is the only one, right? Gold from the latest olympics and this year's champion? I don't think Chicago has any other current usa olympians.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
She's got a chip still from 2 Olympics ago when she wasn't picked
This series, she was a wonderful teammate and very effective
And wasn't our Steff useful at the end making two big shots and clearing a big board
She's got the winning tradition
But how can how blow four chipees in 2 minutes...Any team that does that doesn't deserve to win.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Swerve: Because of what I posted earlier in this thread, my mind got to thinking...did Azure get a degree from UConn and graduate? After all, she did attend college for 4 years (2 at Duke and 2 at UConn) and left partly because she had completed 4 years, or pretty close to that.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Swerve: Because of what I posted earlier in this thread, my mind got to thinking...did Azure get a degree from UConn and graduate? After all, she did attend college for 4 years (2 at Duke and 2 at UConn) and left partly because she had completed 4 years, or pretty close to that.
Z was on track to earn her CLAS (College of Liberal Arts & Science) degree during the summer of 2018, after turning pro during the spring of that year. I assume she completed her degree requirements, but I have not seen anything definitive.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
31946139_1234494716653350_1853715607304798208_n.jpg

Reaction Score
I congratulate Stef. I am still unapologetically bitter about Z. Wish I were a better person. Wish she was too.

Reaction Score
Not to take anything away from Steph but now I remember why I don't watch the WNBA anymore. The refs let so much contact that it's nothing like the way it's supposed to be played. In some States it would have been considered an assault on some of the players. DT got mugged, pushed, shoved, even got hit upside the head and no call. These refs shouldn't even be able to call grade school basketball.
DT definitely dishes out as much cheap shots as any one else. She is even allowed to push refs too, with a fine instead of being suspended a game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom