Congrats UConn football | The Boneyard

Congrats UConn football

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I know its a MBB site but hats go off to the football team.
Great victory on senior day against an undefeated league foe
While I still question Diaco's game coaching skills, this team showed great resiliency even when losing the QB and TE.

Reaction Score
Made the season for me, and our future certainly looks bright. Just think if they start reppin along with our basketball program(s).

Good things come to those .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This win is a big deal. We are back to being a program on the come.

Reaction Score
In-game Diaco is questionable, but there is absolutely no doubt that he gets the most out of his players, has helped do wonders getting them into shape, and has his players in the right mindset to win football games. We've already overachieved this year, lose barely any seniors, and are going to a bowl game. I can't wait to see what he does in 2 years when most of the current players are seniors and he has more of his recruits out on the field.

Reaction Score
In-game Diaco is questionable, but there is absolutely no doubt that he gets the most out of his players, has helped do wonders getting them into shape, and has his players in the right mindset to win football games. We've already overachieved this year, lose barely any seniors, and are going to a bowl game. I can't wait to see what he does in 2 years when most of the current players are seniors and he has more of his recruits out on the field.
How different aseason for the sake of a missed XP vs Missouri.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
Yeah. Today was super cool. Been a while since excitement on excitement.

Reaction Score
How different aseason for the sake of a missed XP vs Missouri.

Not even Mizzou. If we just adjusted properly to USF we'd be in contention for a CCG. But that's in the past - the future is now and a bowl game is imminent.

Reaction Score
The better the football team plays, the better our chances of getting into a decent conference.

Reaction Score
Made the season for me, and our future certainly looks bright. Just think if they start reppin along with our basketball program(s).

Good things come to those .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .
You mean B1G things?

Reaction Score
Oh man when I saw that trick play I lost it, the defense was incredible.

Reaction Score
Which is awesome. Don't need a stiff, button up coach. Need a little outlandish guy to attract attention and get some pub. UCONN just needs to be talked about.....and win.

Kind of OT but I really appreciated his reaction to the Gatorade shower. There's a micro-second in those instances of reaction where people cannot help but be who they are. His reaction was pure sincerity. Watch the clip. Dude is genuine.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The better the football team plays, the better our chances of getting into a decent conference.

Bingo. Or shall I say, B1Ggo.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I've been to every game but 2 since we opened the Rent, and last night was probably the funnest time I've ever had. Truly a magical night and really fun atmosphere. Fans taking selfies with players after the game and standing for the entire 4th quarter. I won't have a voice for about a week and it was well worth it. Place was going absolutely bonkers for most of the night!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I hate Gatorade showers. Especially in the cold weather. Killed George Allen.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I hate Gatorade showers. Especially in the cold weather. Killed George Allen.
No it didn't.

The only problem I have with Gatorade showers is when they are done for seemingly routine achievements.

Winning vs. Houston was not that. 1) Houston was 10-0 and a double digit favorite. 2) UConn gained bowl eligibility for the first time in 5 years and 1 year earlier than a majority of fans expected.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No it didn't.

The only problem I have with Gatorade showers is when they are done for seemingly routine achievements.

Winning vs. Houston was not that. 1) Houston was 10-0 and a double digit favorite. 2) UConn gained bowl eligibility for the first time in 5 years and 1 year earlier than a majority of fans expected.

I love the fact that Disco is sticking it to the group of fans who were already panning him as a coach. I don't think people understand that it takes longer to build a football program than basketball, especially one that's been gutted. Most fans reference up this way is basketball anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom