Congrats to Villanova and Jay Wright | The Boneyard

Congrats to Villanova and Jay Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The good guys won. The better TEAM won. Congrats to the Nova fans.

Back in the Ray Allen and Kerry Kittles days, UConn and Villanova fans had some nasty internet exchanges but that is all in the past now. I was rooting for them. By all accounts, Jay runs his program the right way and he has paid his dues. And it was nice to see Rollie in the stands.

Reaction Score
Nova brought back some awesome memories of the Big East. It was always the Big East vs. the ACC until ACC destroyed the Big East with help from backstabbers like BCU, Fruits, and Pitt.

Glad the good guys won. ACC can suck it.

Reaction Score
Now I hope North Carolina gets what they deserve!
Sadly, they won't. And people will still view us as bigger cheaters than them. That is how it goes when your alum are not in charge of ESPN and the NCAA.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ryan was a Captain all 4 years, and they had a Senior dominated team. He made the assist on the final play trusting his teammate, very impressive. Makes me wish our Coach would have turned the keys over to Jalen to quick start the process (but now I don't think Jalen was mentally ready clashing with the Coach as a freshman).

Anyway, just saying that college basketball benefits maturity especially when led by an experinced 'veteran'. Very glad to see this rewarded especially in the age of one and dones and freshman/sophomore dominated rosters. Also good leadership is crucial, we all know that's true.

Jay Wright built a Championship team, and no one was paying attention. He is certainly validated.

Respect!

Last edited:

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
About 5 to 6 minutes in they showed a worried Roy watching Villanova get back on top and Raferty says "Roy just realized they aren't going away". Whoever said they were the tougher team was right and KO told us toughness wins. Great game.

Reaction Score
And to think, they only did that with one 5* on their roster. I thought that was impossible!
Well I guess this gives us hope then, huh?

Reaction Score
Interesting stat: A Big East team has won the last 6 NC title games it which it has appeared. (UConn '99, '04, '11, Cuse '03, Ville '13, and now Nova '16)

Really miss the old Big East. Rooted hard for Nova vs GTown in '85 - that was an epic game and a great tourney run by Rollie's bunch. Getting 3 teams in the FF established the BEast as a big time conference. (ironic that we are now conference members with the one non-BE team from that FF).

Wasn't quite the same rooting for Nova last night, but was good to see them knock off the ACC scum.

I liked a lot of other teams much better before internet message boards came along. ;)

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Happy for JW. Last night was in the cards for him. It was a mater of time. Watched many a game against our pups in Philly. Of course a few years ago. I always thought Jay was going places. Was at the game when Nova was down 1, 10 seconds if I recall. Only one standing in the way near the hoop was Okafor. Forget who had the ball but dumb decision to drive to the basket. Okafor block when time ran out. That was a real heart breaker for Nova. But a happy 1 hour and 30 minute drive home for me.

Congrats Nova and Jay Wright. Well deserved. Ghosts of the Big East has risen.

Reaction Score
Once I realized that wasn't Danny DeVito after smoking crack next to Ed Pinckney (and then Fratello) I was happy also to see Rollie there glad he could make it after all.

Reaction Score
That was a really great, calm, fundamentally sound team. Wow. Not to knock our Huskies, but with the talent on this team, if they could manage to play with that kind of poise, that would really be the last piece of the puzzle.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That was a really great, calm, fundamentally sound team. Wow. Not to knock our Huskies, but with the talent on this team, if they could manage to play with that kind of poise, that would really be the last piece of the puzzle.

Notice who was their PG. An extremely experience 4yr captain senior. That is by far and away the main difference. Yes they had a great interior presence, but the leadership/skill/balls at the PG spot was the key. Always is in MCBB.

Reaction Score
Once I realized that wasn't Danny DeVito after smoking crack next to Ed Pinckney (and then Fratello) I was happy also to see Rollie there glad he could make it after all.
Does Rollie have a crack problem I'm unaware of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom