Congrats to ND | The Boneyard

Congrats to ND

Reaction Score
I think we all knew, deep down, it was going to be Notre Dame, because that was the most painful to a Husky fan. That's one exciting weekend of hoops, though it was heartbreaking to watch tonight. I'd still rather be a fan of our team. How many days until they open?

Reaction Score
I would have trouble summoning a smile on my face if ND saved a classroom full of children from a burning bus! :D

But I do respect this year's group a lot. Winning the NC after all those injuries. And they can't be blamed if the refs missed an obvious call against them here or there - that's the ref's job.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Huge congrats to Muffet. Never ever thought this would be the year that she’d win it all. Keep in mind she wasn’t able to with Diggins/McBride/Loyd/Turner/etc but she pulled it off with just 7 scholarship players and Mabrey playing point.

They also had an incredibly tough road to win it all. They had to beat:
-Texas A&M, a very good 4 seed who gave them a good run
-Oregon, the #2 seed who most predicted would beat Notre Dame. Game was in PNW too. Was down by 6 at the half.
-UCONN, the 14 point favorite and undefeated team. Clawed back from down 11 and down 8 in the 4th.
-Mississippi State, a 1 seed who went 37-2. ND was down 40-25 in the 2nd half and down by 5 in the last minute or so.

They did not play their best basketball today and yes, they did benefit big time from the no call on Mabrey, but Arike came up huge and ND simply made the plays down the stretch. Over the last year, the individual improvement we saw from each player (Arike, Mabrey, Shepard, Nelson and Westbeld) was remarkable. Huge congrats to ND and Muffet. Enjoy your championship.

Reaction Score
Probably one of the greatest Coaching Jobs done ever in the history of the D1 Woman's Basketball Game. 4 Scholarship Olayers go down with ACL's and they come back from that and win a National Championship. Insane performance by Muffet. I tip my UCONN cap to you Coach MrGraw

Reaction Score
Lawson seems to have inherited Doris Burke’s “I’m not impressed” look.
Yeah that was weird. She's like a robot. I was thinking to myself "blink if you don't run on batteries."

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I agree, but who starts? Turner replaces Westbeld. Do they start a freshmen point guard, or play without a true PG again?

They’ll go with Mabrey/Arike/Young/Shep/Turner, Johnson back up PG and pushed Marina to the wing when she’s in. I’d also look for one of the two freshman posts to get PT spotting Turner or Shepard. I think that’ll be their 7 man rotation.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Never should have been in that position. Should have been William shooting FTs at the other end.
Never should have been MS St in the finals. Should have been Hines-Allen shooting FT’s in the semifinal for Louisville.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Congratulations to Notre Dame bc and their fans!

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Yeah that was weird. She's like a robot. I was thinking to myself "blink if you don't run on batteries."

She definitely looked excited during both of Mississippi State’s big shots in the Final Four but no emotion in either of Arike’s shots. Doris looked straight up po’d last year when William hit the buzzer beater.

Reaction Score
She definitely looked excited during both of Mississippi State’s big shots in the Final Four but no emotion in either of Arike’s shots. Doris looked straight up po’d last year when William hit the buzzer beater.
Everyone seemed leaning towards Mississippi st. During the pre-game, Landers was expressing his "concerns" for MSU. It wouldn't mean anything if he said anything about ND. He was only concerned about MSU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom