VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
In Phee we Trust !!

Phee aka MONEY

h
1553486761573.png

Reaction Score
If Lou had not suffered her back injury causing her to sit out the games she missed, she would have already passed Charles.
Injury is part of the game. Charles’ era consists prob less games per season.

Reaction Score
Injury is part of the game. Charles’ era consists prob less games per season.
Why don’t you look it up, to see if she did play in fewer games. That’s less work for other people on the board.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
During Tina's time at UConn, the team played 152 games (32-4, 36-2, 39-0, 39-0). Tina played in all 152.

One of the reasons why Maya scored so many points is that she played in all 154 games. Durability counts.

Partly because of her redshirt, Kalana Greene holds the NCAA record of 157 career games played. Excluding redshirts, Moriah holds the NCAA record at 155. Maya, Tiff, Kelly, and Stef at played 154.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The top 5 in UConn history:

Maya
Stewie
Pheesa
Tina
Lou

Rebounds:

Tina
Maya
Rebecca
Pheesa
Stewie

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
If Lou had not suffered her back injury causing her to sit out the games she missed, she would have already passed Charles.

If ifs were ships, we would all be sailors.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If ifs were ships, we would all be sailors.

SVC, I don't know why you're throwing shade on this. Per oldude's post, Lou needs 60 points to pass Charles. UConn has played 35 games through March 24. Lou has played in 31 of them. She's missed 4 games!! She's averaging 18.5 ppg. 18.5 X 4 = 74. She's only 60 pts shy of catching Charles. The numbers speak for themselves without any help from me. Had Lou not missed those 4 games, based on her average points scored per game, she would have passed Charles already!!!

1553527717745.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score
During Tina's time at UConn, the team played 152 games (32-4, 36-2, 39-0, 39-0). Tina played in all 152.

One of the reasons why Maya scored so many points is that she played in all 154 games. Durability counts.

Partly because of her redshirt, Kalana Greene holds the NCAA record of 157 career games played. Excluding redshirts, Moriah holds the NCAA record at 155. Maya, Tiff, Kelly, and Stef at played 154.

To your point, per sluconn Husky, Collier has played in 147 games. If my math is correct, that's 5 less games than Charles played in, which more than qualifies her career point total for consideration (passes Charles in the same or LESS games), and makes her accomplishment ever more remarkable.

I don't know why some folks are have a problem with these numbers, despite the fact that the number of games played has absolutely nothing to do with it. :eek:

The number of games played is really not the question here. Regardless of the number of games played, we're talking about the total number of points scored in a career. Durability ALWAYS counts!! ;)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
4 games!! She's averaging 18.5 ppg. 18.5 X 4 = 74. She's only 60 pts shy of catching Charles. The numbers speak for themselves without any help from me. Had Lou not missed those 4 games, based on her average points scored per game, she would have passed Charles already!!!

I disagreed because if this happen or that happen is meaningless. Anyone could make this iffy case for anything. If another Lou had not contract ALS, then he would have played more games than Cal Ripken. If Larry Bird focused on personal statistics instead of win championships through team basketball then certainly he would have had more points than someone. Robert "The Chief" Parish estimated he scored 5,000 career points off of Larry Bird assists. WELL, then Larry would have been ahead whosy-whatsy if he scored say 3,000 of The Chief points. :D Lou has played 137 games totaling 4,022 minutes. Tina played in 152 for 3,869 minutes. So if Tina got play the same number of minutes per game that Lou has played. We would not be posting about this topic at all. Tina would far ahead of Lou and Phee.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I disagreed because if this happen or that happen is meaningless. Anyone could make this iffy case for anything. If another Lou had not contract ALS, then he would have played more games than Cal Ripken. If Larry Bird focused on personal statistics instead of win championships through team basketball then certainly he would have had more points than someone. Robert "The Chief" Parish estimated he scored 5,000 career points off of Larry Bird assists. WELL, then Larry would have been ahead whosy-whatsy if he scored say 3,000 of The Chief points. :D Lou has played 137 games totaling 4,022 minutes. Tina played in 152 for 3,869 minutes. So if Tina got play the same number of minutes per game that Lou has played. We would not be posting about this topic at all. Tina would far ahead of Lou and Phee.

You're going way off track here talking about Ripkin and Bird, etc. It sounds to me like you just want to argue. The topic is not based on any "ifs". All we're talking about is total career points!! Not minutes or games played. At the the end of a UConn player's career, how many points do they have. If you don't agree with my logic, that's fine. I still maintain that if Lou had not missed those 4 games recently, she would have passed Charles on UConn's career scoring list.

I'm not concerned or speculating in how far Tina would be if certain things had or had not transpired. I'm going on the final number of points she finished with ....2346. That's it. Nothing else. You're making this a bigger issue than it is. Lou will either pass her or she won't. Right now, Lou is in 5th place. She'll either pass Charles into 4th place or she won't. The only two people that will care are Tina and her. You may not be interested in whether she does or not, but there are some folks here that are interested. :confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom