Congrats to Louisville | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Congrats to Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Louisville is the model, athletically. Look at what they have done.

Reaction Score
because they are unworthy and undeserving. I didn't really complain about BC, VT and Miami...didn't like the back-stabbing way it worked, but I could understand the move on both sides. I even recognize that Pitt and Cuse are good schools, with good hoops and a decent football history we lacked. But Louisville? Louisville is not even in the ballpark. It's a weak school, from a podunk city in nowhereville. The indignity of being passed over for that is truly insulting and offensive. Especially after they jumped up and down screaming "pick me, pick me". They are tawdry and vulgar. It's personal. This decision was personal.

I am happy for Rutgers. I hate Louisville.

To set the record straight - BOTH UofL and uconn were jumping up and down for the invite. In the end, we got picked because we were a program that the Big 12 wanted to add (at some point) as well. There is no reason to hate Louisville or to suggest that it is a "podunk" city, you are only denigrating yourself by doing so.

Reaction Score
To set the record straight - BOTH UofL and uconn were jumping up and down for the invite. In the end, we got picked because we were a program that the Big 12 wanted to add (at some point) as well. There is no reason to hate Louisville or to suggest that it is a "podunk" city, you are only denigrating yourself by doing so.

!

Reaction Score
Congrats to Louisville.

Good luck to them, but at the same time I hate seeing our programs being dismissed as dogshit.

Reaction Score
These conferences are going to go to 16 or 18 schools (or who knows, really). We won't be left out. Have to be patient and provide support. Louisville fans went through much more adversity than we have. We weren't dismissed as dogshit. We're just new to the elite level of collegiate athletics. Takes time to develop programs and a solid fanbase. Our men's hockey program finally achieved top-tier status. When I went, we were Division III, if I am recalling correctly.

Reaction Score
Let me ask, where would you rather be? The Big 12 or the ACC? My guess is the ACC.

Reaction Score
Let me ask, where would you rather be? The Big 12 or the ACC? My guess is the ACC.

The ACC certainly. Same time zone, lots of easy flights to away games, best basketball conference (now that the BE has been gutted) and, the ability to win right away in football. In the long run, the Big12 might be more stable - particularly if FSU and Clemson bail but, as much damage as I think Louisville would be able to do in basketball there, it would be years of serious ass kickings in football.

No sh@t, I am really hoping you guys get into the ACC, it would be great from every perspective. If not, here's hoping you get in the B1G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom