Congrats to Louisville | The Boneyard

Congrats to Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They have a great athletic department and they were a great addition to the Big East during the first conference shuffle. Had some great games against them in football and basketball. I'm happy for their fans. I don't harbor any ill will towards their school or fans. Same goes for Rutgers, WVU, Syracuse, and Pitt.

I do resent FSU, Miami, Clemson, BC, probably NC State, Chadd Scott, and our own administration. duck* those guys.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
F them.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Screw the high road. Can't we just be bitter for a few hours?

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
i hope the acc enjoys the community college they just added to their league of "academic elites"

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
If we were selling out our 40k seat stadium and talking about expanding to 52k and traveling better to bowl games, it would be us at the table. It's all about football, their fans were better than our fans.

Reaction Score
They have a great athletic department and they were a great addition to the Big East during the first conference shuffle. Had some great games against them in football and basketball. I'm happy for their fans. I don't harbor any ill will towards their school or fans. Same goes for Rutgers, WVU, Syracuse, and Pitt.

I do resent FSU, Miami, Clemson, BC, probably NC State, Chadd Scott, and our own administration. duck* those guys.

I am sick and tired of posts like this. No one has been gracious to us from day 1 in this process. Newsflash you don't earn any points with these self indulgent exercises in being earnest.

F

fortebleedsblue

Why would you congratulate someone who just stole your lunch money? them and their whinny ass fan base.

Reaction Score
So L'Villes athletic department is great because they have had maybe 3 good football seasons and a basketball program?

F

fortebleedsblue

i hope the acc enjoys the community college they just added to their league of "academic elites"

What do you think made Uconn relevant and academics climb so fast? SPORTS ... Ville being relevant will help push academic success... Over time they will have the $$ for resources and name to attract better academics.

Reaction Score
Misguided vitriol in my opinion.

Why be mad at Louisville? They weren't voting against us in ACC expansion.

F

fortebleedsblue

Because they C...0 c k blocked us... And their fans are blow hards.

Reaction Score
In the expansion game we are late in the 3rd quarter. UConn will be announced to either the B1G or the ACC within 12 months.

Reaction Score
Yes, congrats to Louisville. You will now have to pay $50 million to leave for greener pastures..........

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

because they are unworthy and undeserving. I didn't really complain about BC, VT and Miami...didn't like the back-stabbing way it worked, but I could understand the move on both sides. I even recognize that Pitt and Cuse are good schools, with good hoops and a decent football history we lacked. But Louisville? Louisville is not even in the ballpark. It's a weak school, from a podunk city in nowhereville. The indignity of being passed over for that is truly insulting and offensive. Especially after they jumped up and down screaming "pick me, pick me". They are tawdry and vulgar. It's personal. This decision was personal.

I am happy for Rutgers. I hate Louisville.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
In the expansion game we are late in the 3rd quarter. UConn will be announced to either the B1G or the ACC within 12 months.
Thanks for the kind words. Please tell us that you've really Swofford or Delaney posting under TexanMark's ID.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Louisville athletics prints money. While none of that goes to its fellow conference members, it certainly does help ULs athletic programs, both directly and by perception of "big time athletics". I imagine their standing in the top 20 most profitable athletic departments and the most profitable hoops program didn't hurt things. Their football program is economically sustainable. UConn's may or may not be. For whatever reason UConn doesn't get the bucks in any sport - even back in 2011 we were something like 5th or 6th in BE hoops revenue, during a national championship season. UL has "annual seat donations" that brought in almost $5 million alone last year. They're smart folks who know how to sell a product and get people to buy it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Must not have gone to Louisville, then.

That goes without saying. Which means they got us on recruiting pros with business savvy, too!

Reaction Score
Louisville athletics prints money. While none of that goes to its fellow conference members, it certainly does help ULs athletic programs, both directly and by perception of "big time athletics". I imagine their standing in the top 20 most profitable athletic departments and the most profitable hoops program didn't hurt things. Their football program is economically sustainable. UConn's may or may not be. For whatever reason UConn doesn't get the bucks in any sport - even back in 2011 we were something like 5th or 6th in BE hoops revenue, during a national championship season. UL has "annual seat donations" that brought in almost $5 million alone last year. They're smart folks who know how to sell a product and get people to buy it.

You misread those numbers. Uconn is annually ranked in the be top 2 or 3 in total ad revenue. That money is not coming from field hockey.

Uconn appeared low in basketball revenue bc they grouped their marketing and tv money differently than most schools, choosing not to attribute that money to specific sports.

Reaction Score
congrats to lousiville. Clearly the ACC saw this as an opportunity to prevent the big 12 from picking them up. It was a good strategic move. I look at this as a positive. There is no way that the ACC isn't going to lose at least one more member and probably 2-4. We have that as an option at some point over the next 3-5 years. However, this gives us a few more years to increase our academic credentials and hopefully get the AAU invite. If this happens, than I think we have a chance at the Big 10. obviously the big 10s first option is ND and Texas, but that simply isn't going to happen. The 2nd option is VA and North Carolina, but according to NC that isn't going to happen for at least 60 years. So option #3 is ?? One would think that UConn as an AAU member would be one of the top options for the 3rd scenario.

Reaction Score
We had some good battles over the years. Every group has their share of jack a$$es but for the most part they were ok. We're all trying to survive and they got the nod. Life goes on. Good luck to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom