Congrats to Grandpa Milford! | The Boneyard

Congrats to Grandpa Milford!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Just became a grandfather as a yet unnamed bouncy baby boy was just born to his son and DIL! Congrats Grandpa!!! First baby for his son, but not his first grand-baby!

Best Wishes...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yes, a high five on the blessings.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Congratulations Grampie!!!!!!!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Congratulations! So a boy.... did they name him Kemba?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Great news, Milford!

So ....how soon are you going to go see little Luigi?

;)

Reaction Score
Heartfelt congrats, Milford! Enjoy theexpanded family!

I have no grandchildren now, or on the horizon, and I m not sure I am ready to be called grandma. But, I am not getting any younger. As I hear my friends talk about their grand kiddos, I do think it would be fun to have little ones around again. So maybe I AM ready after all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Never give up hope Chapette! I waited forever to get my two sons married off and forever again to get them to reproduce themselves. Now sons and d-i-ls are all in late 30s and oldest grandchild is only 5. And being called "Grandma" isn't the worst....how about "Mims" and "Popsie". They're not Uconn fans so I can smirk at them online :cool:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Just became a grandfather as a yet unnamed bouncy baby boy!

Obviously, this is one of the famous "players to be named later." They are very popular in almost every sport.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Congrats, dude! Upon my birth, my grandmother wrote my parents a missive that began, "If there is any greater joy than being a parent, it's being a grandparent." I believe it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks to all my friends. And to you folks too. :) (Maybe the little guy will inherit the smart-ass gene.)

I wasn't expecting anyone to post anything, but thanks. I'll let you know tomorrow on the name, once Ryan and Emily decide. The little guy was 6 lbs., 9 ozs., delivered by C-section at 12:22 today in New York City. He looks precious, as they all do at that age.

This is my first grandson. My older son in OC has 2 daughters. I was at their 6th and 8th grade graduations about 2 weeks ago. The 6th grader was a graduation speaker. Since she has not had a growth spurt and has a 4'11" mother, she had to stand on a stool to see the audience. She may be small, but on the soccer field she is not averse to using a well-placed forearm. Think a miniature Caroline Doty. :)

This is great. Now that I am retired, I can live the life of DoggyDaddy et al. I wasn't sure I was ready to become a grandparent at 50, nor was I sure I was ready to become a father at 19, but things happen. :)

His first gifts from me will be "The ABCs of Golf" and a stuffed bear wearing a Merion sweater. He'll likely get a Husky soon as well. I'll work with him so his first words will be "Maya Moore."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Obviously, this is one of the famous "players to be named later." They are very popular in almost every sport.
I had no idea what that term REALLY meant until today.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Houston, we have a name. Ryan and Emily, as Ice suggested, considered Gettysburg-related names, but opted for something else.

Jay Harrison LeVasseur (a mouthful to be sure, but the first name is easy)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If he grows up to be a power hitter they're going to regret not choosing Boom Boom.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If he grows up to be a power hitter their going to regret not choosing Boom Boom.
Initial reports are that he has big hands, so maybe a pitcher, rather than a slugger.

If he takes up hoops, he could be the next Doctor Jay. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom