Congrats to Dayton CBS's NCAA simulator champs | The Boneyard

Congrats to Dayton CBS's NCAA simulator champs

Reaction Score
oh-bracket.png

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
With Houston as an 8 seed and Cincinatti as an 11, I guess they are assuming Cincinatti won the American tournament.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
With Houston as an 8 seed and Cincinatti as an 11, I guess they are assuming Cincinatti won the American tournament.

probably gave cincy the auto bid since they finished first?

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
probably gave cincy the auto bid since they finished first?
My reasoning being that If Houston won the conference you would imagine they would be higher than an 8 seed.

Reaction Score
This is absolutely ridiculous. If they finished the conference tournaments, then maybe it would be cool to release a bracket, but the fact that the conference tournaments were not completed, its impossible to release a full out bracket, let alone do a simulation for the whole tournament.

Reaction Score
Even the computer didn't give the AAC respect. Both out in the first round
Wichita also lost in "first four' round as the last team in the field, so 3 AAC teams made it in.

Silliness from CBS though with no completion of conf tourneys. The NCAA was considering putting out a bracket but decided it was unfair to put anything out without any major conference tourneys played.

Reaction Score
This is absolutely ridiculous. If they finished the conference tournaments, then maybe it would be cool to release a bracket, but the fact that the conference tournaments were not completed, its impossible to release a full out bracket, let alone do a simulation for the whole tournament.
It's a simulation for pure fun. Who cares?

Reaction Score
But Florida’s govt declared FSU champs, what’s this all about?

Reaction Score
But Florida’s govt declared FSU champs, what’s this all about?

The sim has FSU in the Final Four....Losing to Gonzaga.

The Senators are supportive and whooped it up....May have lost a few Gator voters though..LOL

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
simulations should have some semblance of reality, this does not

It’s playing the odds. Even the highest upset probabilities are less than a coin toss.

Reaction Score
I get what you're saying but it's looking at it as a game between East Tennessee State and Wisconsin or Stephen F Austin and Penn State as opposed to a 12/5 matchup with a probable upset

Reaction Score
Expect more of this. Boredom even for computers is a biatch. Sports junkies including me, are freaking out.

At least we have something to talk about.

I'd say crown Sacred Heart University 2020 National Champions. Its actually the same thing.

Reaction Score
This is precisely the beauty of March Madness. The chaos we see every spring has no semblance to the outcomes a computer would predict. An algorithm can't account for a hot shooter, or a team that finally clicks at the right time, or a Kemba Walker. A simulation by its nature will predict mostly chalk; the real thing produces pure, beautiful pandemonium.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
No 1st round upsets and virtually follows the seedings through the entire simulation - so unrealistic
But in these unrealistic times its par for the course

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom