Congrats Phee (merged thread) | The Boneyard

Congrats Phee (merged thread)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats from Milford in Cabo!

2,000 points and 1,000 rebounds. She joins a select club, filled with NPOYs: Rebecca, Tina, Maya, and Stewie. Some of the best to play at UConn. Some of the best to play anywhere. Well done, Pheesa!

Reaction Score
Welcome to the Lou Board —- dedicated to all things Lou

Lou nets 2000 and its a cake and candles.

Phee puts up a truly elite 2000/1000 and it’s barely a blip

Thank God Kournakova and Gulbis never played basketball.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately that’s the way the boneyard roles all Lou all the time

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Of course, Pheesa made her historic accomplishment around the Louisville game, when everyone was busy hanging crepe.

Reaction Score

I think everyone here thinks the world of Lou and Pheesa. Their accomplishments are legion. They will both have their jersey's hung on the wall at Gambel, and deservedly so. We are unlikely to have many more such accomplished players. It has been a thrill for all the fans that UCONN attracts and develops such talent.

What has happened to UCONN Lady Husky fans is that we have been overwhelmed with statistics. Not just the 11 championships, but every winning streak and scoring streak one can imagine. I can't wait until we lose an AAC game, so that the announcers will stop saying how we have never lost a conference game, 121 in a row ( I made up that number, because it is so meaningless to me ), our undefeated run at home, etc. It is as if they have nothing else to say, so they " fill the time" with those endless repetitions of successive wins over lame competition.

It is just as dumb when they said ( pre-game) that" UConn has defeated Louisville 17 straight times." The past has no impact on the present. The teams, in both cases, were different. The results showed that the historical guidance the announcers provided, was useless as an indicator. Why can't they think of something original or provocative to share with us?

The fact is, even Lou and Pheesa are humble enough to know that those records of theirs, while enormously impressive, really only matter once they have moved on. When they are explaining to their kids or grandchildren what they did in college basketball, those records will be jaw dropping. So our lack of "pop" for these milestones is not out of disrespect. They have the same reaction.

The truth is; competing for and winning national championships is the statistic the players want, the coaches want and we want. Playing well is great and putting up numbers is great. But the number that counts has the words " national champions" on it.

Reaction Score

tenor.gif

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Phee sent me a note asking that I make no fuss. She's the quiet one you know. Said maybe 2 words and was in one brief segment in the HBO miniseries as I recall.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Phee sent me a note asking that I make no fuss. She's the quiet one you know. Said maybe 2 words and was in one brief segment in the HBO miniseries as I recall.
Were the two words "No comment?"

Reaction Score

I have seen at least 2 threads here devoted entirely to Pheesa's new milestones. Regardless, it appears that to her (and for sure to me) none of that matters when you don't win. I mean really - who the hell cares how many points Kelsey Plum scored or how many individual awards she won if her team never won a damn thing?

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
I have seen at least 2 threads here devoted entirely to Pheesa's new milestones. Regardless, it appears that to her (and for sure to me) none of that matters when you don't win. I mean really - who the hell cares how many points Kelsey Plum scored or how many individual awards she won if her team never won a damn thing?
I dread the possibility of people looking back at Danger's four years at UCONN in the same way in Spring of '20
1549222565624.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom