Congrats on the Championship | The Boneyard

Congrats on the Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
A special congrats to the seniors
Kelly Faris- it is obvious every game how hard she works. It was nice to see her offense match up to her great defense.
Caroline Doty- have to say she is one of my favorites because of all the injuries she has overcome. Reminds me of Vicki Baugh. Hate to see injuries especially multiple injuries. Caroline could have given up but instead she continued to fight and work hard. It had to be hard on her to not be able to do what she once could. I'm proud of her.
Heather Buck- it was nice to see her get that steal and layup. It is obvious what a team player she is.

Hartley and Stewart had their struggles this year but they didn't give up. They played their best ball when it mattered the most.

I hope that everyone heals from their injuries and next season is a healthy one for both UCONN and TN. Uconn will be the team to beat next year. Hopefully TN will join you in the final 4 in Nashville. Congrats again!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Rivalry aside, it would be a real shame if the LVs weren't in Knoxville for the F4.

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
Rivalry aside, it would be a real shame if the LVs weren't in Knoxville for the F4.
They better not be in Knoxville for the final 4! That would mean they lost. Hopefully they will be in Nashville for the final 4. :). The best for TV would be UCONN and TN in the championship game fighting to be the first team with 9.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I hope that everyone heals from their injuries and next season is a healthy one for both UCONN and TN. Uconn will be the team to beat next year. Hopefully TN will join you in the final 4 in Nashville. Congrats again!

Thanks for the kind words, especially for the seniors.

There's a lot of division in both the LV and UCONN fanbases about playing each other again (at least it seems that way to me), but I, too, would love to see them meet next year in the FF. Graves is a thoroughbred AA in the making; Mercedes coming in with a ton of potential; Carter coming back. And the list goes on......

With the home crowd behind them, it would be a huge moment in WCBB if they can make it to Nashville. Right now it looks to me like UCONN will have the upper hand next year but IMO a FF appearance by the Vols would mean a lot for the sport, not just the UT program.

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
For TN to make it to a final 4 they have to get over the nerves that come with big games. They have the talent, desire, and hard work but they have to play well in the big games.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
For TN to make it to a final 4 they have to get over the nerves that come with big games. They have the talent, desire, and hard work but they have to play well in the big games.

Good point - many on the checkerboard seem a lot more confident, though ...;)

Reaction Score
I was always disappointed that the level of disdain between the two programs could lead to the end of their head-to-head matchups. Their rivalry was the best thing to happen for women's basketball (besides UConn's dynastic run under Geno, I mean ;) ).

When UConn and Tennessee met, people who didn't normally watch women's hoops tuned in and watched. It was great for the game. I hope one of these days they're both back on each others' schedule.

Reaction Score
They better not be in Knoxville for the final 4! That would mean they lost. Hopefully they will be in Nashville for the final 4. :). The best for TV would be UCONN and TN in the championship game fighting to be the first team with 9.
Now that is a game made for TV: The first to 9 NC in the Finals game, between UConn and TN in Nashville. I love it and hope it happens!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

THAT would be awesome! Thanks for the good wishes JM, and on to next year!!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks JM - I was very impressed with Holly this year. I thought it would be a tough year for her especially after the mess the previous year, but TN was a very solid team and the future looks bright.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
A special congrats to the seniors
Kelly Faris- it is obvious every game how hard she works. It was nice to see her offense match up to her great defense.
Caroline Doty- have to say she is one of my favorites because of all the injuries she has overcome. Reminds me of Vicki Baugh. Hate to see injuries especially multiple injuries. Caroline could have given up but instead she continued to fight and work hard. It had to be hard on her to not be able to do what she once could. I'm proud of her.
Heather Buck- it was nice to see her get that steal and layup. It is obvious what a team player she is.

Hartley and Stewart had their struggles this year but they didn't give up. They played their best ball when it mattered the most.

Your post is very gracious and I like to think it more accurately represents the sentiments of most fans of the LadyVols, rather than those who post crude, vulgar and mean-spirited remarks on LV message boards. Let the record show that you and a few of your colleagues who occasionally post comments here have been welcome to do so and have also been able to note the vigilance of our moderators when dealing with any posters who become discourteous or otherwise careless about adhering to Boneyard rules.

I share your hope that both our respective teams will be successful next year -- at least until the FF in Nashville. Then of course, The Greatest WCBB Rivalry would resume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom