Congrats Graduates!! | The Boneyard

Congrats Graduates!!

Reaction Score
Looks like all of our seniors graduated this past weekend. The team twitter account congratulated all 5 and included what their degrees are in.

Evelyn Adebayo: Masters in Sports Management
Molly Bent: Mathematics with minors in English and Statistics
Batouly Camera: Masters in Sports Management
Crystal Dangerfield: Communications
Kyla Irwin: Individualized Degree in Youth Development and Sport

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In his speech, Geno quoted one of the incoming frosh. Which one??

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Any simple link to Geno's speech?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Since it was a serious discussion, I thought Paige might be too much of a goofball and figured it would be Aaliyah or Mir, but when I re-listened about people and players being uncomfortable, I can see Paige saying that. Whoever it is, being quoted at a UConn graduation BEFORE enrolling, that is impressive!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Looks like all of our seniors graduated this past weekend. The team twitter account congratulated all 5 and included what their degrees are in.

Evelyn Adebayo: Masters in Sports Management
Molly Bent: Mathematics with minors in English and Statistics
Batouly Camera: Masters in Sports Management
Crystal Dangerfield: Communications
Kyla Irwin: Individualized Degree in Youth Development and Sport

The BY: ThE aThLeTeS dOn’T hAvE rEaL mAjOrS.

Molly Bent:

Reaction Score
The BY: ThE aThLeTeS dOn’T hAvE rEaL mAjOrS.

Molly Bent:

They mostly don't. There are exceptions to every rule as Molly proves. Let's be honest what would our parents have said if we told them we were gonna blow six figures on an education to major in individualized studies or sports management? Mine would have kicked me up the backside or out of the house.

Reaction Score
Dom Amore of the Hartford Courant interviewed Scott Burrell recently about the MJ documentary "The Last Dance" and in the article Burrell said although there's a lot of the Jordan influence in his coaching style at Southern (SCSU, where Burrell now coaches), "you have to tone it down with today's kids". I think this is the quote Geno referred to in his speech.

My guess is that the player is talking about Scott Burrell and my gut says it's Paige.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
They mostly don't. There are exceptions to every rule as Molly proves. Let's be honest what would our parents have said if we told them we were gonna blow six figures on an education to major in individualized studies or sports management? Mine would have kicked me up the backside or out of the house.

Depends on what my individualized studies major was. It worked out really well for Tierney Lawlor who was able to create a major around both agriculture and sustainability. And if I had a future in sports, then a sports management degree would make sense. Both Evenlyn and Batouly have discussed plans to grow basketball in their home communities.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno has his motto silver plated for the next 5+ years.

It is great to be uncomfortable. Then you can find out how great you are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom