Congrats Dee Rowe | The Boneyard

Congrats Dee Rowe

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Had the pleasure and honor to sit in the table next to his at Geno's daughters wedding and we were able to talk quite a bit. (Only bummer was Jeff H was also at the table)
Dee and his wife were/are such gracious people - humble and down to earth
Have seen him a few times since then at UConn mens bball and baseball games, he doesn't remember my name but always asks about my wife and daughters
A REAL CLASS ACT
Congrats Coach

PWS

Reaction Score
Had the pleasure and honor to sit in the table next to his at Geno's daughters wedding and we were able to talk quite a bit. (Only bummer was Jeff H was also at the table)
Dee and his wife were/are such gracious people - humble and down to earth
Have seen him a few times since then at UConn mens bball and baseball games, he doesn't remember my name but always asks about my wife and daughters
A REAL CLASS ACT
Congrats Coach

You're are so right. I used to do games for WHUS in the 70s at the end of Dee's run. Coaching was killing him, he would get so wound up, but he always had time for me to ask him questions or do an interview for WHUS. Anyway, I see him 15 years later at a Georgetown game at the old Cap center 20 minutes BF the game. He came over and greeted me like a long lost friend. We then had a 10 minute conversation where he updated me on the whereabouts of every player on his last team (1977). Remarkable! I saw him again @ the XL Ctr. 10 years after that. He again came over & greeted me. I didn't approach him as he has been in fundraising & all the games he is "working" That is Dee - always thoughtful & genuine no matter who you are

Not too mention - it is his relation with Gavit that got us into the Big East in the 1st place. No Dee, no BE, no Calhoun, no championships

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
One of the nicest guys I've ever met. I echo everything that's been said above - he always remembers you and is genuine no matter how brief your initial encounter was.

Reaction Score
Awesome, a really great guy. I got to know Dee a bit when I was covering the Huskies. I once wrote an article on someone Dee had been a mentor to so I interviewed Dee for the piece. After he saw the article he went out of his way to get my phone number from the UConn athletic department and call me to tell me what a great job I did and to actually thank me for writing the article. It was really nice of him to do. Two things that really stick out about Dee as you get to know him: he's a really genuine guy and he really loves people.

Reaction Score
I'be known Dee for almost 40 years, since I covered men's basketball for the Daily Campus. He is a remarkable, beautiful man.

Reaction Score
Got to know Dee during Glenn Millers recruitment to UConn by Dom. One of the nicest guys I have ever known-Congratulations Dee!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Awesome news! I went to school with his son, Donnie.

Reaction Score
I talked to Coach Rowe at the final four in Houston in 2011 during one of the practice sessions. I've only met him one other time in my life but be made such an impression that when I saw him standing near my section (the "non-VIP" section) I walked over and yelled "Coach Rowe, we've only met one other time, but...." He walked right over to me and then proceeded to talk to me like he had known me your years.

Just imagining a personality like that is truly humbling.

Reaction Score
You're are so right. I used to do games for WHUS in the 70s at the end of Dee's run. Coaching was killing him, he would get so wound up, but he always had time for me to ask him questions or do an interview for WHUS. Anyway, I see him 15 years later at a Georgetown game at the old Cap center 20 minutes BF the game. He came over and greeted me like a long lost friend. We then had a 10 minute conversation where he updated me on the whereabouts of every player on his last team (1977). Remarkable! I saw him again @ the XL Ctr. 10 years after that. He again came over & greeted me. I didn't approach him as he has been in fundraising & all the games he is "working" That is Dee - always thoughtful & genuine no matter who you are

Not too mention - it is his relation with Gavit that got us into the Big East in the 1st place. No Dee, no BE, no Calhoun, no championships

Hey PWS did you work with Jonathan Greenblatt doing the games?

C

Chief00

Agree, class act. A true gentleman. Lots of good stories and times come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom