Confessions of a REAL Lady Vol Fan | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Confessions of a REAL Lady Vol Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
peace love and night WCBB fans
Um, I'm not sure the past 5 years is a very fair time period to castigate them for. More of my realistic side.

They had a coach begin suffering from dementia, they had a change-over to the new coach, they have had injuries, recruiting hasn't quite been what it was, etc., etc.

Prior to the last 5 years or so, they were the only other dominant, year in and year out, success story except for UConn. Two programs - does any other program have even 3 NC's????

They are what they are.

hope i don't get you in trouble with your BY buddies but that was perfectly said. i think people underestimate pat's illness and how it impacted the years leading up to the coaching change. she's had a really tough time. thankfully, she is doing great now. saw her at the last game and she looks great.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

hope i don't get you in trouble with your BY buddies but that was perfectly said. i think people underestimate pat's illness and how it impacted the years leading up to the coaching change. she's had a really tough time. thankfully, she is doing great now. saw her at the last game and she looks great.
I don't think anyone here underestimates Pat's illness. It was a huge impact on the team and meant others were already carrying a good part of the coaching load and sustaining what Pat was rapidly becoming incapable of doing. Those same people are still carrying on the program but the full situation and the nature of the future will not be resolved until the new staff proves themselves capable of making it to the FF. TN has had excellent talent all along but was not getting the maximum success that was expected. Yes, that was impacted by Pat's situation.

What is clear is that you disagree with the numerous Summitteers who believed that Pat was fine right right until the last year shortly before she resigned. I do, too, I think the issues started significantly earlier.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone here underestimates Pat's illness. It was a huge impact on the team and meant others were already carrying a good part of the coaching load and sustaining what Pat was rapidly becoming incapable of doing. Those same people are still carrying on the program but the full situation and the nature of the future will not be resolved until the new staff proves themselves capable of making it to the FF. TN has had excellent talent all along but was not getting the maximum success that was expected. Yes, that was impacted by Pat's situation.

What is clear is that you disagree with the numerous Summitteers who believed that Pat was fine right right until the last year shortly before she resigned. I do, too, I think the issues started significantly earlier.

as someone who attended multiple games, pat was not the same for a couple of seasons before departing. she didn't know she was sick though. just a really sad thing, especially for those who have seen this illness in their own families. it is a gradual process.

i do think you are right though. holly has a lot to prove. she knows that. everyone knows that. she is following a pioneer in WCBB. that being said, she is off to a great start with recruiting and results. very happy with her progression thus far.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
as someone who attended multiple games, pat was not the same for a couple of seasons before departing. she didn't know she was sick though. just a really sad thing, especially for those who have seen this illness in their own families. it is a gradual process.

i do think you are right though. holly has a lot to prove. she knows that. everyone knows that. she is following a pioneer in WCBB. that being said, she is off to a great start with recruiting and results. very happy with her progression thus far.
So, in order to be an LV fan you have to have that point of view? What about Randoms post makes that poster an imposter?

As Icebear said, most LV fans on the Summitt said that Pat was fine until she stepped down. Some say she was forced. You don't agree?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

Funny - we don't usually lambaste folks who have opinions differing from our own...something that cannot be said for the paid board over in Knoxville, especially if someone has something nice to say about Geno or UConn....UCheat over there IIRC....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom