Conferences? Conferences? (say it like Jim Mora Sr.) | The Boneyard

Conferences? Conferences? (say it like Jim Mora Sr.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That is what I have been thinking for the last few months. And, it is more in my mind as Boise uses their leverage to get their OWN special deal. (of course, the Big East led the way with ... Miami(FL) having their OWN special deal; Notre Dame having their OWN special deal) Then you have BYU & Texas.

What are we doing paying $40m on B1G to a Northwestern; a $30+m to Mississippi State; a $17m+ to Wake Forest ... for Football.

Isn't this where you start to wonder about all this Cartel business building up? Individual programs that have some cache' can strike their own deal for Many Millions beyond what these "conference" contracts stipulate.

What does it say for UConn? I admit ... we are screwed. But, I still don't understand how the Mountain West is going to rise to something BETTER with that CBS contractual obligation.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
they will let fox or espn or some 1 to buy in and increase the contract. the league is a solid bball league if they finish it off how i think they will. potential for a 8bid ncaa bball league in ther and the fball aint exactly the sun belt either. jut think within the last 5 years over half that league fball wise has been ranked. now they are all together(or soon will be). potential meets reality out west. besides ucla and zona, the pac bball just took a huge blow to the penis. ucla always shoots itself in the foot and zona is like the rare outlaw good program. they are 2nd to the mwc all day in bball. now besides oregon and usc and the pacN they aren't so far ahead in fball down the road either...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom