Conference Tournament Dates and Links | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Conference Tournament Dates and Links

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Maine and Vermont advance to battle it out for the America East Championship.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cleveland St. and Green Bay, 1 and 2 in the Horizon, will meet to decide the auto bid.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Cleveland St. and Green Bay, 1 and 2 in the Horizon, will meet to decide the auto bid.
Important game for the bubble picture. A one-bid league for sure if Green Bay wins. If Cleveland State wins, the committee will have a tough decision to make about a possible at large bid for Green Bay.

Reaction Score
Nightcap tips in 5, Cowboy (I think it's actually Cowgirl) fans out number Broncos 10 to 1. But, the Blazing Blue Pep Band is representing. Best Pep Band in the tournament. Shout out to the 4 students in the tuba section.

This promises to be the premier game of the day/night.

And the Cowboy Pep Band ain't half bad.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
#2 and #3 seed in the Mountain West tourney checked out. Goodbye New Mexico and Wyoming.

Plebe

Reaction Score
No bubble drama from the Horizon League this year. Green Bay ended all doubts by completely dominating Cleveland State.

CSU won the Horizon regular season and was on an 11-game win streak, and they get the auto bid to the WNIT as their reward.

Reaction Score
#2 and #3 seed in the Mountain West tourney checked out. Goodbye New Mexico and Wyoming.
Both were outplayed, particularly in the second half by teams that played the day before.

San Diego dominated the wondering Lobos as Phoenix native Sarah Barcello was perfect from threeland as part of a balanced attack. The Aztecs did a great job on Augman holding her to 10.

The Boise-Wyo.ing game was compe for 3 quarters, but the Cowgirls seemed to wear down in the 4th. Odd as the didn't have to play the day before.

In fact both the Aztecs and Broncos had more pep in their step.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Both were outplayed, particularly in the second half by teams that played the day before.

San Diego dominated the wondering Lobos as Phoenix native Sarah Barcello was perfect from threeland as part of a balanced attack. The Aztecs did a great job on Augman holding her to 10.

The Boise-Wyo.ing game was compe for 3 quarters, but the Cowgirls seemed to wear down in the 4th. Odd as the didn't have to play the day before.

In fact both the Aztecs and Broncos had more pep in their step.
Yeah I'm not sure an extra day of rest really does teams much good for the most part. Seems like playing the first day, getting the rust off, getting ridding of the nerves, getting used to the venue is beneficial. Fatigue kicks in at some point, but I think there's a pretty big difference between say 3 games in 3 days vs. 4 games in 4 days. Schedules/bracket format varies from conference to conference.

Reaction Score
Close game at the Orleans as the Pilots are hitting from threeland.

But...Zags open the second half with a three

Reaction Score
Bubble buster in Vegas? Pilots giving Zags a real battle led by 6'6" Lucy Cochrane and a swarming defense

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Bubble buster in Vegas? Pilots giving Zags a real battle Led by Lucy Cochrane and a swarming defense
@Plebe is gonna give me all kinds of grief if UP can pull it off.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Portland and Gonzaga in a real donnybrook for the WCC title.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Portland and Gonzaga in a real donnybrook for the WCC title.
Summit championship and Big Sky semifinal #2 are slugfests as well. Eastern Washington already easily advanced in Big Sky semi #1.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not quite over yet, but either way I'll eat some humble pie. I didn't think any WCC team would keep remotely close to Gonzaga this year, and Portland proved that to be incorrect today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Congrats to the Pilots. Does that possibly knock the Zags out of hosting?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm fairly sure Portland has beaten Gonzaga in the WCC tourney 3 times now in the last 5 years. I guess they have their number. Once was the covid year, UP got the autobid but then there was no NCAA Tourney.

edit--Come on ESPN. Showed the score as a final, now showing 1 second left.

Okay, now it's a done deal

Plebe

Reaction Score
Only one more chance for your jinx on Gonzaga to manifest. The Pilots have the Zags right where they want them.
1710281116400.jpeg

Plebe

Reaction Score
I got way out ahead of you on this one and copped to my error.
Too little, too late to prevent your jinxing joo-joo from ruining Gonzaga's chance to host.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Too little, too late to prevent your jinxing joo-joo from ruining Gonzaga's chance to host.
Oh, they're gonna be coming for me. I better hide.

Reaction Score
Look like the Jackrabbits are going to be Summit league champs yet again. NDSU gave them a hell of a game, but SDSU took over the game when the chips were down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom