CONFERENCE RPIs (2018-2019)

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Yeegads, what would the AAC look like without UConn's RPI...:eek:

I did notice the BE only has 10 Teams, would not a 12th team be desirable? Say it with me folks...U.R.I U.R.I gives UConn and PC a natural rival...just sayin...doesn't help the WCBB for UConn but it's not always about Geno.. :cool:

Reaction Score

I did notice the BE only has 10 Teams, would not a 12th team be desirable? Say it with me folks...U.R.I U.R.I gives UConn and PC a natural rival...just sayin...doesn't help the WCBB for UConn but it's not always about Geno.. :cool:
If there were to be an additional team added, I would think it would be a solid mid major MBB program. Maybe St. Luis, Dayton, St. Joe's, or VCU.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
If there were to be an additional team added, I would think it would be a solid mid major MBB program. Maybe St. Luis, Dayton, St. Joe's, or VCU.
What? :confused: First- all the teams you mentioned are in the A10, same as Rhode Island. 2nd the A10 is NOT a mid-major conference. 3rd Rhody's MCBB team is better than all them, has a better history of hoop than of them and a better sports program profile to fit the BE. :mad:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

For the MBB no, 11 is perfect, it allows all the teams to play twice in the regular season. For the WBB they will most likely play home and home with 8 teams and one away and one home with the other 2 teams, unless they schedule a 20 game regular season with the WBB, then it's the same as the men.

Reaction Score
What? :confused: First- all the teams you mentioned are in the A10, same as Rhode Island. 2nd the A10 is NOT a mid-major conference. 3rd Rhody's MCBB team is better than all them, has a better history of hoop than of them and a better sports program profile to fit the BE. :mad:
VCU, Dayton, and St. Luis all had better records last year then Rhode Island so that's not accurate at all. Locationwise again they fit in just as well as Rhode Island. History is great, but what have you done for me lately. Lol. Just an FYI, I brought those schools up because they have been linked in the past to have interest in the Big East.

Reaction Score

They reportedly want a round robin schedule rather than an east and west division. 11 teams is easier in that format.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Massey ratings

Reaction Score

I thought we're trying to leave the AAC behind? :D (couldn't resist)

Reaction Score
Based on some quick calculations, it looks like the Big East League RPI for 2018-2019 with UCONN added in goes to .5674 which puts the Big East at #4 overall. Way better than the AAC which would probably drop to #10 without UCONN.

Reaction Score

Massey ratings
These were not the final rankings. On the web site, the last day is April 8th, not 1st, and the Big Ten is fourth. The difference between the SEC in fifth and the Big East in sixth is minuscule. This change is undoubtedly because of Iowa’s performance in the later rounds of the tournament. My apologies for lacking the tech savvy to provide the link.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom