Conference RPI | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Conference RPI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
RPI of 45 is a bubble team, RPI of 56 is out, RPI of 36 is in with probably a 10 seed. But we can't count on the NCAA to be kind to AAC teams -- they never have been.

However, I would be shocked if this team didn't do at least as well as 13-5 in conference. From this projection, we look to be a lock for the tourney, if we take care of business.

But again, they are going to look at schedules. If UConn finishes 45-50, they are going to look at the actual schedule. It makes no sense to credit teams with winning games against midmajors or lowmajors with RPI of 150, while dinging teams for losing games to Maryland or Gonzaga.

Reaction Score
I think you can afford one loss that isn't to SMU or Cinco and not risk the anti AAC bubble wrath. In other words, three losses max, none to the bottom half of the league and hope Temple/Tulsa end up as Top 100 wins. Grown hanging on to a Top 100 RPI would also help the cause.

This isn't the old big east. An off night loss to an also ran will be punished by the committee.

Woah. 3 losses is a 6 loss record. With a veyr high RPI. Look at the chart in this thread.

I still say UConn can afford to lose 7 games as long as one of those games isn't one of the first two of the conference tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky
Top Bottom