Conference Realignment--K was behind the latest ACC raid? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Conference Realignment--K was behind the latest ACC raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Sorry if this is common knowledge but I just read this on Blaudschun's blog this morning...

Apparently it was Ratface who wanted to improve the ACC basketball brand by adding Cuse, Pitt, and ND.

LINK

Good. Now I can smile when I watch Swofford and K shed crocodile tears about the destruction of the ACC in the next 12 months.

Reaction Score
You know I think that in the end we'll end up in the Big 10, have a better upside than most of our former conference and be the happier for it. I base that on some key facts and bread crumb clues, that we've all discussed ad nauseum. I recognize that there is a big wishful thinking component in that coupled with seeing the world through national flag (soon to be navy) blue. I don't particularly like or feel nostalgic about the teams that left as they've done their best to kill us so that they can better themselves. That's fair enough. They are entitled to look after there own interests.

So it's Big 10 or 'bust.' ...but what if it is bust? What if we end up in craptastic conference, essentially as a mid major that occasionally make a run? While I doubt I could have said this a year ago, I think that I will be okay with that. As long as we continue to improve academically, I will be okay with that. I won't love it but I'll still be able to root for the teams, where ever they compete. I won't be happy about it but in the end it will be okay.

Accepting that, a lot of the angst I felt about conference realighnment is gone. We should end up okay. I hope that it will be in the B!G but even if it's not it we'll deal with it and move on.

Dude. duck that.

I'll still watch the damn games but no way in hell will I ever be "ok" with it. Eventually kids who grow up with UConn as a mid-major won't care much, but having witnessed their successes there's no way I'll ever accept mediocrity.

We deserve a seat at someone's table, and the fans need to continue to make enough noise that no one can forget about us.

Reaction Score
Dude. duck that.

I'll still watch the damn games but no way in hell will I ever be "ok" with it. Eventually kids who grow up with UConn as a mid-major won't care much, but having witnessed their successes there's no way I'll ever accept mediocrity.

We deserve a seat at someone's table, and the fans need to continue to make enough noise that no one can forget about us.
Deserve is a strong word. We were the only team ever to jump from the FCS directly into a BCS conference. Boise State, despite their enormous on field success, is still on the outside looking in. While I hate our current predicament, given our success in basketball, but I'm just going to enjoy watching UConn football this season at the Rent both against Michigan and Memphis.

Warde Manuel, despite the criticism he has gotten has lined up a nice OOC schedule for next year at home. I hope the temporary seating for Michigan becomes a permanent demand some time in the not too distant future.

Reaction Score
It wasn't football-driven - Pitt and Syracuse are not good football programs.
They are still historical football programs. That never hurts to have unless a majority of their facilities are outdated. Pittsburgh should be fine. Syracuse can fade into oblivion but not anytime soon.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Dude. duck that.

I get the point, but I'm pretty much played out on the issue. We get an invite then I'll be psyched. Until then I'm hunkering down for the long haul. That doesn't mean I accept mediocrity but it does mean that I recognize that the stars really have to align for us for this to work out. Win the games you've got, don't work yourself up over the one that you don't.

Reaction Score
I get the point, but I'm pretty much played out on the issue. We get an invite then I'll be psyched. Until then I'm hunkering down for the long haul. That doesn't mean I accept mediocrity but it does mean that I recognize that the stars really have to align for us for this to work out. Win the games you've got, don't work yourself up over the one that you don't.

The bad part of this is, if the ACC is indeed the be-all, end-all of college bball, why would they need UConn? They have bball all wrapped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom