Conference Realignment Era: The Losers | The Boneyard

Conference Realignment Era: The Losers

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I love how all these a articles have been released because the media has declared realignment over because of the ACC GoR.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
The sacrifice of rivalry will enable UConn to reach elite levels. As if we already are not. Nice to see we are being thought of.

Reaction Score
So sad that so few of the "haves" have matched Uconn's accomplishments yet Uconn is now a have-not. We can only hope our teams play with a huge chip on their shoulder now. The FB team needs to win the Maryland game to setup the most important game in Uconn FB history vs. Michigan the following week. BB team needs to win the AAC and get to the Final 4 via MSG. That's all we need to become one of the haves.

Reaction Score
So sad that so few of the "haves" have matched Uconn's accomplishments yet Uconn is now a have-not. We can only hope our teams play with a huge chip on their shoulder now. The FB team needs to win the Maryland game to setup the most important game in Uconn FB history vs. Michigan the following week. BB team needs to win the AAC and get to the Final 4 via MSG. That's all we need to become one of the haves.

Those things will not put us into the ' haves' category. Why will beating Michigan at home be seen as more important than beating ND in South Bend or SC in Birmingham, Louisville last year? Why will getting to the Final 4 next year be seen as more important than winning just a few years ago? Many still don't get it, or don't want to get it, our FB 'brand' does not register on any conferences meter. Is that fair? Probably not.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I am just so freaking pissed about how this happened.

We need a profanity Friday.

Reaction Score
Those things will not put us into the ' haves' category. Why will beating Michigan at home be seen as more important than beating ND in South Bend or SC in Birmingham, Louisville last year? Why will getting to the Final 4 next year be seen as more important than winning just a few years ago? Many still don't get it, or don't want to get it, our FB 'brand' does not register on any conferences meter. Is that fair? Probably not.

The win over ND was in one of their worst years and led to the firing of their coach. The SC win was in a B level bowl, and no one pays attention to those. The Louisville win came the same year uconn lost to temple and western Michigan.

A win over a good wolverine team would help. But UConn really needs some Boise -like years to get attention.

Reaction Score
"Then there's Connecticut, which was a founding member of the conference but only moved up from the FCS level to FBS football in 2000 and joined the Big East in football in 2014. "

Why are we saving profanities for Friday?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
"Then there's Connecticut, which was a founding member of the conference but only moved up from the FCS level to FBS football in 2000 and joined the Big East in football in 2014. "

Even the %$^*! typos work against us!

Reaction Score

I was going to say I find it hard to take an article seriously where it claims we joined (past tense) the Big East (a non-football conference) in football (see previous comment) in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom