Conference Is Legit | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Conference Is Legit

Reaction Score
A down year for LSU is playing on New Year's Day in Orlando against Notre Dame.

Yes, it is nice to wish for UConn to aspire to that level of success as a program.
yOOk_rIzcgo

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Look at how far that program has fallen though from where it was. That's my point, you must think UConn basketball is fine where it is now too. Coaching is everything. Not much of a difference between Les Miles and Kevin Ollie if you ask me. Lol

They lost to Saban in the National Championship game in 2011.

Reaction Score
They lost to Saban in the National Championship game in 2011.
I get @huskyrob1 overall point, I just think LSU is a bad example. Tennessee post Fulmer, Nebraska post Osborne/Solich, USC post Carroll, are all better examples. LSU "sucking"is basically our program high water mark.

Reaction Score
We screwed ourselves (set ourselves back a few years I mean) with the lousy hires pre Edsall 2.0... I believe, in the end, we'll be fine. Just gotta get that grit in the offseason back and prove all the naysayers wrong. Edsall did it before. With better recruiting tools now, I firmly believe he'll do it again...

Reaction Score
I get @huskyrob1 overall point, I just think LSU is a bad example. Tennessee post Fulmer, Nebraska post Osborne/Solich, USC post Carroll, are all better examples. LSU "sucking"is basically our program high water mark.
Yes, maybe LSU wasn't the best example or using the word "suck". That being said, LSU today doesn't dominate the SEC like it once did or win NC's like it did, or be preseason top 5 as in years past. Kirby Smart was Saban's DL line coach at LSU, and left the same time Saban did.

Reaction Score
Yes, maybe LSU wasn't the best example or using the word "suck". That being said, LSU today doesn't dominate the SEC like it once did or win NC's like it did, or be preseason top 5 as in years past. Kirby Smart was Saban's DL line coach at LSU, and left the same time Saban did.
We once had Todd Orlando as a LB coach and Joe Moorhead as OC. Good position coaches and coordinators move on. It's a fact of life. We can't fubar coaching hires to the degree we have. Keeping Benedict will be key. Rockstar sucked.

Reaction Score
We once had Todd Orlando as a LB coach and Joe Moorhead as OC. Good position coaches and coordinators move on. It's a fact of life. We can't fubar coaching hires to the degree we have. Keeping Benedict will be key. Rockstar sucked.
this alone shows how much of a clue we didn't have for 6 years.

Reaction Score
We didn't have a clue for 6 years.
Susan made the key move in getting rid of Hathaway. She then opted for WM, an AD who would get us out of academic purgatory. Was he the right guy for being proactive when the opportunity for the ACC arose? Or evaluating coaching talent? Probably not, but he got rid of PP. Unfortunately he was then bedazzled by a young telegenic Broyles award winner, highly touted at ND and from other recommendations. So he bit. Big mistake, but once WM left for Michigan, Susan now understood what she needed in an AD. And DB was hired. He saw through Diaco and fired him even with a big buyout hanging there as a potential financial anchor. But Susan agreed. RE was rehired. Susan understands how vital athletics and CR is. The woman who has been derisively called Susielax on this board is the best President UConn has ever had. We will all rue the day she ever leaves.

Reaction Score
Susan made the key move in getting rid of Hathaway. She then opted for WM, an AD who would get us out of academic purgatory. Was he the right guy for being proactive when the opportunity for the ACC arose? Or evaluating coaching talent? Probably not, but he got rid of PP. Unfortunately he was then bedazzled by a young telegenic Broyles award winner, highly touted at ND and from other recommendations. So he bit. Big mistake, but once WM left for Michigan, Susan now understood what she needed in an AD. And DB was hired. He saw through Diaco and fired him even with a big buyout hanging there as a potential financial anchor. But Susan agreed. RE was rehired. Susan understands how vital athletics and CR is. The woman who has been derisively called Susielax on this board is the best President UConn has ever had. We will all rue the day she ever leaves.

She also sent out a memo during the last round of CR saying that ALL of the activity & discussions were being handled at the President's level and that everyone needed to keep their hands off while she managed it for UConn.

Her efforts got us into the AAC and has put our 2 marquee Men's sports in the toilet.

Nobody has questioned that UConn's academic reputation has increased during her tenure. Did she contribute to that? Likely but, the state of Connecticut also threw tons of cash into the effort which helped significantly.

Her record on athletics has been abysmal

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Oh yeah, would you like to lose to Troy? Because they did.

they will receive around $40 million dollars. So I'd take that kind of sucking all day and year long.

Reaction Score
I still think that it gives Randy some leverage.

Jesus Harold Christ I have heard enough of this utter nonsense.

THIS HELPS UCF, NOT UCONN!

To see a bunch of people fawning over this is ludicrous. I was rooting for Auburn. Know why? Because now we just got jumped in line by UCF. By a mile. Enjoy the UCF win!!! Yay AAC!!!

Reaction Score
Because now we just got jumped in line by UCF. By a mile
Lol the line for what, the ACC? Or the SEC? Because those are the only two conferences who offer more than a 0% chance of inviting UCF at any time in the future. Two conferences who already have and value their dominance over Florida in recruiting. No way FSU or UF let UCF in to their respective turfs; and those two schools carry some of the most weight in their respective conferences.

Also, Frost and his staff are gone.

Reaction Score

To see a bunch of people fawning over this is ludicrous. I was rooting for Auburn. Know why? Because now we just got jumped in line by UCF. By a mile. Enjoy the UCF win!!! Yay AAC!!!
Frost and his staff are gone along with a significant amount of seniors. So expect the Knights to come back down to earth next season. Yes, UCF and the AAC in general grabbed a little street cred but it's up to the rest of the league to build on it. Just before the bowl games the AP poll had 3 AAC teams in the top 25. Having 4 next year is building on it.

Reaction Score
An interesting topic for discussion would be who everyone thinks will lead the charge in the AAC next season. Who holds the most of their team in tact? Which starting QB's are returning? Coaching staffs staying pretty much the same? Who looks to win the recruiting battle this winter? Weighing those factors who do you think will grab the mantle from UCF?

Reaction Score

If it helps UCF, it helps the conference we're stuck in for the forseeable future. We'd obviously play UCF every year, too. Now it's better established what level of play the AAC has. That's why this conference even exists. I think it is established that every school would leave when given the chance. Even Tulane, ECU and Tulsa, schools that everyone cries about.

Reaction Score
If it helps UCF, it helps the conference we're stuck in for the forseeable future. We'd obviously play UCF every year, too. Now it's better established what level of play the AAC has. That's why this conference even exists. I think it is established that every school would leave when given the chance. Even Tulane, ECU and Tulsa, schools that everyone cries about.

Did it help the Big East when WVU won those high profile bowl games? Or did it help WVU?

It’s like people don’t learn anything from history.

Reaction Score
Lol the line for what, the ACC? Or the SEC? Because those are the only two conferences who offer more than a 0% chance of inviting UCF at any time in the future. Two conferences who already have and value their dominance over Florida in recruiting. No way FSU or UF let UCF in to their respective turfs; and those two schools carry some of the most weight in their respective conferences.

Also, Frost and his staff are gone.

I mean we’ve seen this movie before. No chance Louisville was getting into the AAC because it’s a small market blah blah blah.

Will be hysterical to see all these same morans cheering for UCF when they get the invite and we’re stuck in a conference debating whether we add UMass or Buffalo.

Reaction Score
Did it help the Big East when WVU won those high profile bowl games? Or did it help WVU?

It’s like people don’t learn anything from history.
We're still standing. If we are ever stuck with Southern Mississippi, UL-Monroe, etc, then we have reason to be concerned.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Buffalo.

Might as well get started talking about this since UCF is probably headed to the PAC 10 tomorrow.!!!....I would go with Buffalo. 30k students. Top 100 school. It would only be the second legit D1 program in NYS after Syracuse. UMass is just too close and New England cannot support a third D1 football program.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/ub-9554

Reaction Score
We're still standing. If we are ever stuck with Southern Mississippi, UL-Monroe, etc, then we have reason to be concerned.

Lol did you see the SunBe7t’s bowl record? These games matter right?

Reaction Score
Lol did you see the SunBe7t’s bowl record? These games matter right?
This is all a business. Perception and real interest = revenue. USF and UCF want be on an equal level playing field with UF, FSU and Miami.

Unfortunately, people take more interest in the Kardashians than the Sun Belt. Also it does depend on game and situation. And markets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom