Conference Expansion : Bottom Line | The Boneyard

Conference Expansion : Bottom Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnny Husky

Where does UConn land? Should we be worried about being left out in the cold in the new age of super conferences? I would think the ACC would be the most logical fit if the Big East does dissolve, but considering we sued them only a few years ago would they leave us out?

Reaction Score
I'm really not concerned with being left out.. I can't see UConn being left out. We bring too much to the table with out entire athletic program and much improving academics. I highly doubt we won't land somewhere. I just don't see it. Look at the year the athletic programs had last year.. I just can't see that being left out.

Reaction Score
1. In a time of uncertainty and material change, one should always be worried.

2. The lawsuit is an issue to no one but the administration at BC, and they have squat to say about what the ACC does. It's only personal with Leahy and Flipper because they were called liars. Everyone else knows it's only business.

3. It is hard to believe that UConn would be left out if there are four 16 team conferences. UConn brings too much to the table outside of football to be left out when compared to many of its competitors. The dominant womens's hoops program. A dominant men's basketball program. A material market that it does "own" (whatever that means). A position to push into the NYC market, that no one will ever "own." Yes, football is driving the bus but that does not mean that everyone is ignoring everything else.

Reaction Score
With regard to BC, it's becoming more and more apparent that Flipper is on his way out. His hire of Spaz is looking terrible, his handling of Jags was atrocious, and he's letting their basketball program wallow in sub-mediocrity. Also, Leahy has been around for a while and some on their board believe he too could be gone soon.

I see one of three options, in descending order of probability, UConn in an expanded Big East with some Big 12 leftovers and maybe an ACC team or two, UConn in a merged Big-ACC, or UConn in the B1G. With a successful and on the rise football team and two basketball teams that are at the top of the top and command a national TV audience, plus very strong olympic sports programs, it's hard to fathom there being 64 other schools in the four superconferences.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I would think the ACC would be the most logical fit if the Big East does dissolve, but considering we sued them only a few years ago would they leave us out?
Virginia Tech was in the original lawsuit as well, ACC forgot about that pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom