Conference Championship Week | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Conference Championship Week

Reaction Score
I will be honest, I wrote this in another thread and I am copying and pasting it here. But I would love to get more opinions!

I don't get what some of these little conferences have to gain by holding a tourney and risking their best team not getting in. I guess they would lose some money by not having one though. But Vermont was the only team from the american East capable of doing damage IMO.
Or at least do the smart thing, like the IVY, and hold a 4 team playoff between the top 4 teams from the conference. Or even a 3 team playoff, with a play in between 2 and 3 with the honor of facing the 1 seed the next day. Give the top teams more advantages for having a solid season, byes and double byes, or shorten the field so only the top teams even have a chance to begin with.

But wow, 6 seed NC Central made the tourney (over 1 seed Hampton)...Insane. A terrible season rewarded by a little run. Protect your top seeds more. While still giving a shot to teams who still had a good season and finished in the top 4. Besides, you could see some interesting battles between 4, 5 and 6th teams in some of these conferences too. And you still get the March environment.

Its fine the way it is you can't beat a 6th seed in your own conference you dont deserve to get in, the 1 seed gets the benefit of a bye and in some instances gets a home court game.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Bridges is awesome.

Reaction Score
Providence plays with stones. Answering every Nova attempt to put the game away. good plays after timeout. Nova had to play very well to win this.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Brunson was absolutely dumb there and got away with it.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
What kind of Nancy pc bs is this that my post was auto edited?

Reaction Score
I thought it was run by Fishy and you better not call him a Nancy. I’m sure he would not approve.

Reaction Score
URI had some pretty ugly possessions down the stretch of their game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
URI has some pretty ugly possessions down the stretch of their game.

Yeah, only saw the last few minutes but their offense didn't look much different than ours. A lot of one on one stuff at the end.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom