Concerns vs Binghamatan | The Boneyard

Concerns vs Binghamatan

Reaction Score
I want to share my concerns that I noticed

1. Poor free throw shooting. There were no challenges or close game and the team shot free throws poorly

2. Bad shooting near the rim. Same problems as last year

3. Poor three point defense. UConn poorly defended the 3 point line

UConn needscto play way better against Auburn on Wednesday. Go UConn!!!!!!! Bring home the championship brothers

Reaction Score
This was a good game to have. We didn't turn the team over and Whaley/Cole were in a huge funk on offense. We needed to rely on half court defense/offense. Better to learn some important lessons here than vs Auburn.
I mean it’s almost perfect that this game was against Binghamton

Reaction Score
This was a good game to have. We didn't turn the team over and Whaley/Cole were in a huge funk on offense. We needed to rely on half court defense/offense. Better to learn some important lessons here than vs Auburn.
Loved what we got out of Martin in the half court. He got into the lane and made good decisions both with his shots and creating for others. Whaley and Cole both struggled tremendously in the half court. Cole I'm not concerned about and Whaley just shouldn’t be taking that many (or that poor of) shots. Im sure Hurley will have a talk about that.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Think some guys were a bit surprised at how hard Binghamton played and hustled. Need to bring the "A" game every night. Hawkins did not disappoint. Quicker than I thought he would be. This team has so many weapons. XL Center almost seems like a neutral site compared to Gampel so good game heading into Bahamas.

Reaction Score
I had a feeling today would be a little bit of a rough sea comapred to the smooth sailing we had with the first 3 games. Not making excuses, but we were coming off a blowout win at Gampel a few days ago, and we are about to get on a plane to the Bahamas in a couple days to play big competition for the first time. Maybe we were looking ahead just a little bit?

Reaction Score
I had a feeling today would be a little bit of a rough sea comapred to the smooth sailing we had with the first 3 games. Not making excuses, but we were coming off a blowout win at Gampel a few days ago, and we are about to get on a plane to the Bahamas in a couple days to play big competition for the first time. Maybe we were looking ahead just a little bit?
A lot of bit

Reaction Score
No concerns with me on a 24 point win.
No doubt that they were probably looking past this game but this happens.
Should have topped 100 if things were falling...

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Thinking I'd like to see Akok take Whaley's starting spot
I would agree but Akok is doing so well of the bench it adds another dimension to this team

Reaction Score
Think some guys were a bit surprised at how hard Binghamton played and hustled. Need to bring the "A" game every night. Hawkins did not disappoint. Quicker than I thought he would be. This team has so many weapons. XL Center almost seems like a neutral site compared to Gampel so good game heading into Bahamas.
Early season tune up game at XL have zero juice to them

Reaction Score
I would agree but Akok is doing so well of the bench it adds another dimension to this team
I just feel like Akok/Sanogo and Polley/Whaley are such obvious pairings and fits. There’s no need to be redundant on the court. We have damn near two of everything at least. Use it. Playing Whaley and Sanogo together cheapens our potential

Reaction Score
We shot 74% from the foul line. That's pretty solid and definitely not "poor". They shot 32% from 3. Some late rotations leaving room for improvement perhaps but not terrible. Overreacting somewhat.

Reaction Score
Regarding our 3-pt defense, Auburn may not be much of a test of it. They went 5 for 26 last night in their 58-52 win at South Florida.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I mean it’s the fourth straight team against a doodoo team, noon XL game, and they have 3 huge games potentially next week.

Yes they looked ahead and weren’t very focused. They still put up 87 points and won by 20+.

I’m starting to get concerned with Whaley. Obviously his value is on the defensive end and we’ll need him when we play teams with skilled bigs but man he’s gotta be able to do SOMETHING on offense. Maybe the rolled ankle vs CCSU is nagging him?

No one in the country brings 4 dudes as a good as Akok, Gaffney, Polley, and Hawkins off the bench. No one. Biggest potential for one to start is likely Akok for Whaley. However I think Hurley wants to keep this bench mob together until his hand is really forced.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We shot 74% from the foul line. That's pretty solid and definitely not "poor". They shot 32% from 3. Some late rotations leaving room for improvement perhaps but not terrible. Overreacting somewhat.
Yeah I was very surprised by the FT comment. Some gasbags expect every player to hit 100%

Reaction Score
This. Looked kinda undisciplined. We’d go up 18 and they’d bring it down to 12 over silly shot attempts or falling asleep on defense. Like what was Sanogo thinking with that blind over the shoulder chuck-up at the rim in the first half lmao DH gonna be all over them for that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was my exact thought watching the game. This team played bored as if they knew they could wipe the floor with Bing. I mean this team played poorly and still nearly 90 points and won by 24. Im not concerned but didnt like the defense which has been good and RJ Cole was absolutely terrible. It seemed to me that Cole being in a funk to start seem to spread throughout which tells me hes the leader of this team and he cannot put up these types of performances. If his shot isnt falling he needs to play hard, lead and defer and keep the other guys up.

Reaction Score
Dude’s thread title and post are a garbled mess.

Equivalent of a drink dial.

Yea, we played a mediocre game. But we’re still a bunch of badasses and we’re gonna have a kick-butt season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom