Concept football helmet | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Concept football helmet

Reaction Score
Not going to lie, the changed logo has kind of grown on me and I'm not really missing the old one. Everytime I look at the old logo it just feels that, old. I like the more modern logo. As time has passed it's grown on me which I'm sure others feel as well but won't admit it.

Regardless it is what it is. Let's just place some football! I hate the off-season.
I wouldn't give a F if the helmets were BRIGHT PINK, just as long as we win with Mora. I would love to see Connecticut outlined on the helmets, but that is just me.

The new logo is fine IMHO, however it might not be a top 10 college football logo..

Reaction Score
While winning is paramount, and off season threads are a reach, I still feel strongly enough about this subject to participate here. .
--Our new Husky is better than the fluff dog.
—Our white helmet looks better than the blue
—Our dog helmet logo needs to be larger

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Then you just have poor taste..
As long as that makes sense in your own head, great. I'm not going to give it another thought.

Carry on.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I feel like this logo debate is stuck in syndicated reruns. Same old gripes, same old arguments.

The old smiling husky isn't coming back. The block C is probably never coming back. The wolf-dog has been around for a decade now. UConn's branded it enough in that time where it's reasonably recognizable now across all sports. It's not going anywhere. Make the logo a little larger on the helmet and call it a day.
We’re due for a rebranding. When it comes up, I hope we can do better than “man, we screwed the pooch on our last rebranding effort, but it’s been 10 years, so let’s just double down on it”.

That said, completely agree that increasing the size of the decal slightly, say 10 to 15%, would improve the look of our helmets next season.

Reaction Score
The current one is a mess. Just a piece of clip art that was designed to be easy and cheap to produce. And for 75 years, beginning with Jonathan II, UCONN had been represented by a white husky. It was unique among the many husky mascots. But of course Susan and Warde, neither of whom had a clue about UConn or its workings, history or traditions, ignored that because they got a free redesign from Nike. Go back to a white Husky. And lose the clueless look.

Reaction Score
What about not logo and just solid white with a blue strip down the middle and solid blue with a white stripe down the middle.

Reaction Score
So many people who get their granny panties in a bunch over the new (better) logo fail to recognize that bigger logo downgrade was from the more realistic shaggy wild dog of the 80s-90s to the cartoony trimmed up dog of the 2000s.

And the block C is still JC Penney trash

The Block C is like a Clearance Rack level logo.

Reaction Score
I've never liked the new Husky Logo. To me It looks like generic clip art that could just as easily be used on a travel softball team try out flyer. The Fluffy Dog was at least unique to Uconn, even though it was clearly a Samoyed. I prefer understated looks on uniforms. JMO but I think an all-white helmet with a thick blue stripe, red pinstriping outside that, and a player number Bama Style would look good. You could even add helmet stickers of paw prints, Derp Husky Heads, Oak Leafs or Block C's.

Reaction Score
I've never liked the new Husky Logo. To me It looks like generic clip art that could just as easily be used on a travel softball team try out flyer. The Fluffy Dog was at least unique to Uconn, even though it was clearly a Samoyed. I prefer understated looks on uniforms. JMO but I think an all-white helmet with a thick blue stripe, red pinstriping outside that, and a player number Bama Style would look good. You could even add helmet stickers of paw prints, Derp Husky Heads, Oak Leafs or Block C's.
I agree with most of this. I am in the minority I guess on helmets. Just pack ONE and stick with it. I prefer blue but I am fine with white. Pick ONE logo and use it all the time too. I would go with a blue helmet and white husky, but I actually think the hooked c would look good as would just UCONN sort of like the basketball jersey.

Reaction Score
UConn should get a sponsorship with Milk Bones and put cross Milk Bones on the helmet.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Why would one follow them.... Then comment? ;)
Because there is nothing else to read?

It would be great to read about spring practice...or how they will fit within the scholarship limits...or the health of the quarterbacks...or who the new DC is.

But...instead we will rehash the block C versus the happy doggie logo.

It's fine...it's off-season... hopefully we have more substantive things to talk about soon.

Carry on...lol.

Reaction Score
Alternate Lid
636F0CB6-17CC-4DA9-86A7-4A40ECF595C1.jpeg

Reaction Score
I thought that the "F5" sticker on the back of UConn helmets was great...what a puzzler without explanation....it turns out that F5 is the "Refresh" command on a keyboard...now that's old school.

Reaction Score
The one you posted is the actual good one. Everyone always says they miss the 2003-12 or so one which was terrible. Could you imagine being a grown man and wearing a golf shirt with that cartoon on it to the office? No. The new tough dog? Yes. Fun fact: the new dog logo has been around longer than our historic and legendary block c ever was!
Really good point, however, I have a lot of golf shirts but none with a dog logo. I don’t purchase UCONN apparel with either of the husky logo, both look cheap and aren’t recognizable to non CT people. Block C and UCONN they get.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom