CONCACAF : U.S. v Mexico anyone? | The Boneyard

CONCACAF : U.S. v Mexico anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Press has nice footwork...got under a couple of shots early but getting a lot of respect from Mexico with Wambach, Morgan and Heath on the bench...

Reaction Score
Larue blasts one of the post...she has one piece of lumber left to hit...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Press has nice footwork...got under a couple of shots early but getting a lot of respect from Mexico with Wambach, Morgan and Heath on the bench...
Heath played (the whole game). Morgan is injured. Wambach, I think they just wanted to give the younger girls some opportunities. Wambach's on the way out over the next few years. Might be used more as a late sub.

Fun game overall. Lot's of scoring opportunities for the USA. Stupid posts and crossbars. Looked a little like Mexico was thinking more about the 3rd place game. Winning that gets them into the WC also.

Reaction Score
Heath played (the whole game). Morgan is injured. Wambach, I think they just wanted to give the younger girls some opportunities. Wambach's on the way out over the next few years. Might be used more as a late sub.

Fun game overall. Lot's of scoring opportunities for the USA. Stupid posts and crossbars. Looked a little like Mexico was thinking more about the 3rd place game. Winning that gets them into the WC also.
I realized later that Heath was in...my bad...I was going to write a mea culpa but Grimm was coming on...

The team looked good...not sure what Mexico was trying to do, certainly not win the match...is Morgan serious?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
RadyLady said:
what heck are you talking about? :confused: Goalie? :eek: This ain't basketball.:rolleyes:

Nevermind. I looked it up all by myself

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I realized later that Heath was in...my bad...I was going to write a mea culpa but Grimm was coming on...

The team looked good...not sure what Mexico was trying to do, certainly not win the match...is Morgan serious?
Same ankle that had kept her out for months. But they are saying 4-6 weeks.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
As a follow up, USA played Costa Rica for the CONCACAF Championship last night. Both teams already qualified for the WC. Wambach started and scored 4 goals as the USA won 6-0. Leroux and Lloyd each added a goal. A nice way to end the tournament.

Mexico also beat Trinidad and Tobago 4-2 to qualify. T&T still have a chance to play in the WC by beating Ecuador in a playoff.

Canada is hosting the WC in 2015, so they qualify automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom