Comparison??? | The Boneyard

Comparison???

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
So lemme understand this... Connecticut gets beat by Oklahoma by 28 points and everyone says the BE is weak and UC shouldn't have been allowed to play in a BCS bowl. The next year, Clemson gets beat by 37 in a BCS bowl, but no one says anything about the strength of the ACC (which is 2 - 6 in bowl games BTW). Just sayin....

Reaction Score
I was watching sports center this morning and they brought up a graphic displaying the acc's record in bcs games. It was 2-13 and not even close to the rest.

Reaction Score
Just think how good they'll be in football when Syracuse and Pitt join. They ain't seen nothin yet.

Reaction Score
70 points

The spin on this will be something to behold. The ACC desperately wants a marque program and ESPN does everything they can to promote that. The teams just never perform. I have to say that FSU may be in a good place to make a run next season. But, it will be so over hyped. Miami is not coming back anytime soon, NC couldn't do it even when they cheated and then you have Clemson's vaunted defense.

Luckily they have BC to carry the conference.

Reaction Score
So lemme understand this... Connecticut gets beat by Oklahoma by 28 points and everyone says the BE is weak and UC shouldn't have been allowed to play in a BCS bowl. The next year, Clemson gets beat by 37 in a BCS bowl, but no one says anything about the strength of the ACC (which is 2 - 6 in bowl games BTW). Just sayin....

You obviously didn't watch last night's game to it's conclusion. Your premise is wrong. Late in the 4th quarter, well after the game's outcome was determined & the announcing crew had run it 's course about W.Va.'s impending move to the Big-12, Mike Tirico (Syracuse Alum) mentioned the ACC's record of 2-13 in BCS games & how the "Lowly regarded Big East" had a much better BCS record in comparison. He also mentioned the Big East's current bowl standings vs. the ACC.
And has been stated above,it is a topic onSports Center.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe, but the game wasn't as close as the score indicated.

Reaction Score
Here's the reality...the Big East has always been a much better football leauge tha the ACC. Oh, maybe there is a season here and there, but overall it was a better football league. the BCS record is better, the bowl records are usually better, and don't be shocked if Syracuse and Pitt move to the ACC and suddenly are competing for conference championships. Year in, year out, who is the best team in the ACC? VaTech. Aformer Big East team has played for the ACC championship every year but 1 since the first raid. In 2004, when there was no championship game, the title was decided in the final game of the season between Miami and VaTech. Twice BC--BC for heaven's sake--played for the title (and of course, gagged). After being in the ladies league, the Big East refugees have over the long run tended toward the league mean, but when they first arrived they dominated.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
We were a four loss team from a bad conference. That was the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
We were a four loss team from a bad conference. That was the difference.

Clemson is now a four loss team from a bad conference.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why everyone calls the Big East a bad conference. I think it shows good distribution of quality athletes within the conference, all teams are strong in certain areas and match up better against certain teams. That's how football is. On any given day any team can knock off one another. I like that. I don't think a conference should have juggernaut's and then 2-10 bottom feeders year after year. I think the Big East is competitive smash mouth real physical football. Maybe they don't have the high powered air attacks like the Big 12 or quick strike offense of Oregon, but they are physical and will run the ball down your throat.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Clemson is now a four loss team from a bad conference.

You know what I mean. Everyone outside of our fanbase and their mothers were hoping a 3 loss WVU team won the conference instead of a four loss UCONN team. It's just the media and everyone else' perception of us. WVU had proven wins in the post season against the BIG12, SEC and the ACC so they are usually considered the class of the Big East, no matter what the on field results say. Until we win the conference outright a few times and leave no doubt on who the best team in this conference is, we're not gonna get the respect most here think we deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul