Comparing Incoming/Outgoing Transfers and Departures | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Comparing Incoming/Outgoing Transfers and Departures

Reaction Score
Intentionally going into a season with only 10 scholarship players is bad planning (especially with Covid still lingering). They have to add Castle or another backcourt player, even if the other player is a lower talented emergency reserve type of player.

Last edited:

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
I would still prefer a pass first guard that averages about 6 assists a game. Also a guard that is a great ball handler and who can push the ball.

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
7 players in the entire country averaged 6 assists per game last year (1 who played in a major conference)
I didn't realize it was that big of an ask :) there are a ton that average 5 assists per game- i'll take that - someone has to lead maybe its Newton

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Even if the talent level of the new guys is roughly equal to what we lost, doesn't this simply look like a much better assembled team? That's a big step forward.

Reaction Score
Why do people keep comparing Alleyne to Martin?? Different positions /different profiles..CG vs SF.. DH didn't bring him in to replace Martin.. He's a great fit for the 4 out/1 in offensive scheme that DH is talking about.
The skill sets are very different (though Martin's shooting was severely underrated), but that's effectively where Martin's minutes are going.

Reaction Score
I think we should bring in one more transfer that is about 6'6, averages 17ppg, shoots 45% from 3, has a 3 to 1 assist to turnover ratio, 2+ steals a game, 85% from the line, a lock down defender and volunteers at the local senior citizen center.

Reaction Score
Another day another dumb a** post. Cole was a very good player? How do you figure Newton won’t be better than cole? He put up very similar numbers to coles at Howard in a better conference and he is 6’5 and better at finishing around the rim? Pointless to mention Floyd and diggins who never played any meaningful minutes.
Yet you felt like you had to reply. Speaks volumes.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If it's not Castle then it's gonna be nobody. We're not adding another stud from the transfer portal
We're not going into next season with 3 unused scholarships. There are still a ton of kids in the portal, and they're not all going to get starting gigs somewhere.

Reaction Score
We're not going into next season with 3 unused scholarships. There are still a ton of kids in the portal, and they're not all going to get starting gigs somewhere.
Oh I completely agree that we're going to fill at least 1 and probably 2 of the open scholarships. Just saying I don't think it's going to be a guy coming in and starting here like shizzle is suggesting we need to make sure happens

Reaction Score
Yup, we'll see if he can do that in a major conference
The AAC isn’t that bad (see link below). I know we didn’t like being there but it's not low major like where Howard is and it's not even mid-major. Just below the top 6 conferences. Newton will be fine in the BE.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
The AAC isn’t that bad (see link below). I know we didn’t like being there but it's not low major like where Howard is and it's not even mid-major. Just below the top 6 conferences. Newton will be fine in the BE.

jmoney is heading to the AAC. does that count?

Reaction Score
Would like to see us add a 1 year, Ed Nelson type, power forward.
Someone to bang down low. Don't know what we will get with Johnson and Springs and can use the extra fouls.

Reaction Score
Not sure what we have. A lot of new players who have not played with each other. I wouldn't expect a very cohesive team before January.

Reaction Score
At this point I am very comfortable with every position on the roster. I think we may even be sleeping on newton a bit. Obvi not set in stone, but i think there is a chance he is all big east this year.

Reaction Score
The transfers out vs the transfers in is an obvious upgrade both in talent and even more so in experience which I think will pay huge dividends.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I think we should bring in one more transfer that is about 6'6, averages 17ppg, shoots 45% from 3, has a 3 to 1 assist to turnover ratio, 2+ steals a game, 85% from the line, a lock down defender and volunteers at the local senior citizen center.
You forgot Academic All-American.

pj

Reaction Score
here's a comparison.
as of today, we got a 21 ranking for last season
College Basketball Rankings 2021-22 - AP Top 25

as of today, we're not even on the ranking radar for next season.
College basketball rankings: Tennessee soars into top 10 after landing five-star recruit Julian Phillips

don't they understand our obvious superior improvements, now laden with nba lottery picks?
mebbe there are actually other players and teams in cbb. who knew?

The rankings are sleeping on Springs.

Honestly, I like next year's team better than last year's. It may not have better players on average, but it fits together better and has a more versatile roster. Last year's team limited its coach; next year's team will be limited by its coach. If DH is smart enough to play the chess pieces well, next year's team will be very good, and will win at least one NCAA game.

Reaction Score
Predicting that the Yard will appreciate having Karaban/Johnson/Springs on the roster next year.. DH in no hurry to take potential PT away from these guys(with more recruits at their position) in the portal era that we live in . Give them some PT and roll the dice. That position being PF/Stretch 4--However you define it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom