Comparing Incoming/Outgoing Transfers and Departures | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Comparing Incoming/Outgoing Transfers and Departures

Reaction Score
Predicting that the Yard will appreciate having Karaban/Johnson/Springs on the roster next year.. DH in no hurry to take potential PT away from these guys(with more recruits at their position) in the portal era that we live in . Give them some PT and roll the dice. That position being PF/Stretch 4--However you define it
Springs can definitely rebound and without Martin, that may be appreciate more. Little mention of Donovan in this thread. Is that due to his stage of development or fear Danny won’t use him well because he doesn’t fit into a Wagner level scheme?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
From what I hear, Springs needs to buckle down a bit. Would be great if he became a contributor like Whaley did.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
The rankings are sleeping on Springs.

Honestly, I like next year's team better than last year's. It may not have better players on average, but it fits together better and has a more versatile roster. Last year's team limited its coach; next year's team will be limited by its coach. If DH is smart enough to play the chess pieces well, next year's team will be very good, and will win at least one NCAA game.
i sure hope that u r right.
chemistry and durability remain to be seen.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is that due to his stage of development or fear Danny won’t use him well because he doesn’t fit into a Wagner level scheme?
We've seen a ton of this snark from Chief lately. Makes me wonder if there's a "rest of the story".

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We've seen a ton of this snark from Chief lately. Makes me wonder if there's a "rest of the story".
Chiefs snark aside, the story I heard on DC was that he is a lot more skill than most expect and won't merely be good due to his height. The one concern had been his conditioning (as a HS player) but from all accounts he is far ahead of schedule with the regimen he was given. He may end up doing pretty well as a freshman (and improve from there).

Reaction Score
I made an observation about how other posts were characterizing next years team and asked a question about our top recruit at this point. LoL - that’s “snark”

Reaction Score
From what I hear, Springs needs to buckle down a bit. Would be great if he became a contributor like Whaley did.
Honestly, if he becomes half of what Whaley did I'd take it.

Reaction Score
Predicting that the Yard will appreciate having Karaban/Johnson/Springs on the roster next year.. DH in no hurry to take potential PT away from these guys(with more recruits at their position) in the portal era that we live in . Give them some PT and roll the dice. That position being PF/Stretch 4--However you define it
I still want another "4" that can bring defensive lock down attributes - we don't have those qualities in any of our bigs. While we might get to a sweet sixteen level, I think the lack of that will hold this team back from being top-2 Big East level and/or a sweet sixteen win (it could even hold us back in the first NCAA tourney weekend). ,

If we could only add another transfer portal guard or a defensive "4", I'd rather get the latter.

Reaction Score
I made an observation about how other posts were characterizing next years team and asked a question about our top recruit at this point. LoL - that’s “snark”
I think the snark was you referring to hurleys defensive scheme as Wagner level…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom