Comparing Game Day Experiences - The Rent vs Other Schools' | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Comparing Game Day Experiences - The Rent vs Other Schools'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yale Bowl-Circa 1989. For you young bucks out there, UConn was a 1AA school (FCS equivalent) and Yale was either a low level DI or just became a 1AA school.
Yale Bowl: Classic Bowl stadium built in 1919. Very few amenities, bench seating, trough urinals, and tight quarters. Kind of on Campus, but really a long and sometimes dangerous walk for Yalies.

Tailgating: Awesome experience, would get there early in the morning and then drink kegs all day. Food may have been hard to find as a college kid, there wasn't much food. Maybe a couple of bags of chips, not much else. Can't tell you about the game day experience or even if the UConn won, as I rarely made it into any of the games. On a side note, more than once ended up in the infirmary later that week with a case of poison ivy from relieving myself in the wooded areas around the parking lots.

I went to the last UConn football game at the Bowl in either 1994 or 1995. To this day, I have no recollection as to how I got back to my dorm in Alumni from New Haven. Good times.

Reaction Score
I went to the last UConn football game at the Bowl in either 1994 or 1995. To this day, I have no recollection as to how I got back to my dorm in Alumni from New Haven. Good times.

It was 1998. I brought wife and my three week old daughter. No, did not tailgate. UConn did not punt, scoring on every possession. UConn 60something, Yale a lot less than that.

Reaction Score
Neyland Stadium at Tennessee is an incredible place to see a game, great tailgating - both the Volunteer Navy and the tailgating near the stadium.

South Carolina is another good one with the rail cars.

Miami at the old Orange Bowl was horrible.

Army is actually pretty cool - I've actually enjoyed it more when I've gone by boat down the Hudson, walk up the hill, the parade, the who deal, obviously it's a pretty special place.

Had a great tailgate at the Big 12 championship in 2000 OU V KState - but Arrowhead is always a great place to see a game - it's always a college atmosphere there. Was cold as hell something like 20 degrees and snow, but fun as hell.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I was at the Vandy/MTSU game last week. Sucked with the weather. Rent = 1000x better.

Reaction Score
This is probably OT so apologies in advance. Two huge game-day fails today for Va. game. Lines to get in unacceptably long at Gate C. If you're going to do full pat-down then double the staff at the gate. Then, No out-of-town updates on big video board, so no idea that Louisville destroyed FSU until after game.

Reaction Score
This is probably OT so apologies in advance. Two huge game-day fails today for Va. game. Lines to get in unacceptably long at Gate C. If you're going to do full pat-down then double the staff at the gate. Then, No out-of-town updates on big video board, so no idea that Louisville destroyed FSU until after game.

If you wait till the last minute to enter there are always lines, try a 35 minutes before the game, voila no lines. So this is on you, not the staff.

Reaction Score

The ribbon board had constant scores of other AAC games in progress. Nothing OOC though.

Reaction Score
The ribbon board had constant scores of other AAC games in progress. Nothing OOC though.

thought the SOP is P.A. guy reading scores conciding with updates on the main board. didn't seem to happen, tho. every time i saw the ribbon board all I saw was HOU 40 CIN 21

Reaction Score
If you wait till the last minute to enter there are always lines, try a 35 minutes before the game, voila no lines. So this is on you, not the staff.

Easy there superfan. I was in line 20 mins before the game. All I ask is that they do whatever they do efficiently at Gillette, MetLife, Tiger Stadium, LA Coliseum, ND Stadium, Michigan Stadium, Byrd Stadium, Missouri stadium, U. of Phoenix Stadium, Navy-Marine Corps stadium. Been all those places & more and yet Rent/state of CT insists on re-inventing the wheel with something that should be a no brainer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Have attended many games at Wallace Wade (fka Duke) Stadium since 1957 though I'm not in the States much any more. It is a classic small horseshoe located on campus. Plenty of available alcohol available in the parking lots and tailgating is relaxed and fun. Stadium has been updated in the last few years and its appearance is better than it was though years ago there were fewer nearby buildings. Capacity is only 33,000 (was 42,000 years ago) and crowds are usually in the 22,000 range regardless of how the team is doing, unless the opponent is UNC. Complete opposite of Cameron as the crowds are laid back and almost somnolent at Wade. I guess that 1/2 the student body that attends BB games spends afternoon in the library on FB weekends though that wasn't the case years ago. First game I saw there was Tenn. with Johnny Majors and Duke with Sonny J., won by Tenn. 33-20. The Rent by a mile even with its issues. Duke "band" rots.

Reaction Score
Easy there superfan. I was in line 20 mins before the game. All I ask is that they do whatever they do efficiently at Gillette, MetLife, Tiger Stadium, LA Coliseum, ND Stadium, Michigan Stadium, Byrd Stadium, Missouri stadium, U. of Phoenix Stadium, Navy-Marine Corps stadium. Been all those places & more and yet Rent/state of CT insists on re-inventing the wheel with something that should be a no brainer.

Reaction Score
I been a season ticket holder since the Memorial Stadium days. Also try to get into the stadium for the band pregame show. Yesterday was by far the worst getting into the sadium I have ever seen. Gate C security and ticket scanners were just not getting people into the stadium quickly. I don't know what the issue was the lines were not moving like they usally do. I was in line at 1:00 finally reached my seat at 1:25 (I sit in sec 220, right near the gate) the line just was not moving.

Reaction Score
The ticket reader was having trouble reading the tickets. One of our tickets read as though there was something wrong. I was next lane over and mine read fine, they fooled with it and let us in. Don't know if they ever got the scanner fixed, that may have been part of the problem. Also I noticed when we were entering a line of VU fans were at the pickup ticket window, probably added to the delay.

I said 35 minutes not 20 or 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22