Community Forecast Poll: Kia Nurse's UConn Career | The Boneyard

Community Forecast Poll: Kia Nurse's UConn Career

After 4 years, how will Kia Nurse's UConn career be rated?

• A less distinguished career than Kelly Faris

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
This controversy begs to be resolved in the only way that makes sense on a fan board, through an opinion poll.

Reaction Score
This controversy begs to be resolved in the only way that makes sense on a fan board, through an opinion poll.
Is this supposed to justify your statement that Kia Nurse is a good but not great player, based on your watching her perform against professional ballers? The poll only compares her to Kelly Faris. I thought Kelly was a GREAT player, yet she was never an AA, but I think she was better than some who were named to AA teams. Since only the names of players who were voted to AA teams are on the Wall of Honor you could still be a great player and your name not be put on the wall. I could pick any answer in your poll and Kia Nurse would still be a great player.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
racoon popcorn.gif

Reaction Score
This strikes me a more than a little bizarre. Most of us have not seen her play in more than a part of a handful of games, if a all. None have seen her play against another college team of women roughly her age. Not a single one of us has seen her after a single practice of coaching by the UConn staff. Can we please let her get to campus and perhaps practice a few times? Can we allow her some games to learn her teammates, to develop her strengths and work on her weakness before we call for referendums on her ability and career? I love that the posters on this board care about the team but sometimes that turns into scrutiny and commentary that is premature and, well, bizarre.

JS

Reaction Score
Why is this posted?
Good question. Does seem a bit self-centered, congruent as it is with the structure of the OP's position in another thread.

There's something uncomfortable about this selection of a single new player for full college career predictions before she's played a college level game, and setting up a comparison with a particular former player to boot.

Can just see the headline: "Boneyard poll says Kia Nurse's career will be XYZ." Or rather "XYZ in relation to that of Kelly Faris."

Must we be regarded as bigger buffoons than we already . . . Well, never mind.

Like I said, good question. Let's not wait on an answer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger