community building | The Boneyard

community building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I’m talking about this football board and the others also on the boneyard. Couple things I want to throw out there and chat about. Just to pretty this place up a bit and add more content. building blocks...the more that happens in time the more inviting this site will be and more ppl will join up and long time lurkers will come out from hiding.

1) Avatars, everyone should put one up. It’s easy on the eyes. I realize this is a small childish thing but it would be cool if I saw more random uconn/other cool pics instead of the stock gray crap. Just my 2 cents. As a random thought-I wish when u make a user on this site you are given the option of a stock avatar of a uconn pic of some sort or doing your own. Would be cool along with forum pics and stuff. cake decorating if you wish…

2) Signatures. I know some people complain about pics but I’m ok with them. Maybe make a max size possible so they aren't out of control (if there isn't one already). But more importantly everyone who uses twitter should put it out there like I have and others have.

A lot of big time schools fan bases have army’s of twitter followers that wish recruits well and the whole shabang. I realize this isn't for everyone here so if it’s not just please leave it alone (don't argue it because it’s the world were in today media wise). If you follow my twitter and others you will see most uconn recruit news on my page. When it comes time it would be great if a lot of us could tweet kids and show support for our staff giving that kid an offer or if it’s a commit or whatever. This year’s class has been fantastic on twitter, I can’t show enough love for guys like BP and JS. We have local recruits reading this board daily also who let me know on twitter so be careful what you say. While this should mean zero in terms of actually recruiting kid, the reality is that its shows our fan base in a good light (program support) no matter the outcome. It’s all about getting on the map if you feel me on that. Eventually if we can build a good size group hopefully some of u that are on campus can spread this around the student and we can make this group a couple hundred strong. Then a simple first tweet could explode to a mass following of support to kids.

3) How about a weekly chat? Yes, on this board. let’s set a time every week once a week where whoever is around gets into chat and we talk uconn football, recruiting, and everything else uconn. Would be kind of cool, no? There doesn't need to be a leader or anything. Just everyone know at a certain time to get on and let’s see what’s up. if it’s a dry week then talk knicks and sox and mall shopping ladada…there’s enough recruiting stuff out there that I’m sure people can share local stuff and talk about w/e the team is doing right now or future talk not to mention expansion talk. Make it like a Wednesday night 10pm chat. An odd time middle of the week when uconn usually doesn't have any bball/fball/baseball/soccer etc games...just a throw out there idea for the board...

This could eventually also be a building block for this site. Maybe we get someone like chev on here talking bball stuff and dogmania giving us x/o's. Maybe guys like dez will join in one day (I know he does his thing and its great). Maybe bizlaw breaks down his 241s or something in the fall. etc…

what do u guys think?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
A lot of big time schools fan bases have army’s of twitter followers that wish recruits well and the whole shabang. I realize this isn't for everyone here so if it’s not just please leave it alone (don't argue it because it’s the world were in today media wise). If you follow my twitter and others you will see most uconn recruit news on my page. When it comes time it would be great if a lot of us could tweet kids and show support for our staff giving that kid an offer or if it’s a commit or whatever. This year’s class has been fantastic on twitter, I can’t show enough love for guys like BP and JS. We have local recruits reading this board daily also who let me know on twitter so be careful what you say. While this should mean zero in terms of actually recruiting kid, the reality is that its shows our fan base in a good light (program support) no matter the outcome. It’s all about getting on the map if you feel me on that. Eventually if we can build a good size group hopefully some of u that are on campus can spread this around the student and we can make this group a couple hundred strong. Then a simple first tweet could explode to a mass following of support to kids.

what do u guys think?

See that? Up there?

THAT IS A MAJOR NCAA VIOLATION. DON'T DO IT. WE DON'T ASK YOU NOT TO DO IT BECAUSE "WE AREN'T INTO IT", WE ASK YOU NOT TO DO IT BECAUSE IT'S A MAJOR NCAA VIOLATION.

Reaction Score
Who is a “Representative of UConn Athletic Interests?

Don't shoot the piano player, just sharing the info. Even if a person never played a sport at UConn or is not a Connecticut alumnus, page 2 of the linked booklet conveys it's likely many people on this board are "Representatives of UConn Athletic Interests".

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
here we go....(bud light voice)

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!
the b10, p12, b12 and sec all been put on death probation by the ncaa. they are never ever ever going to be allowed to play football again becuase on twitter there fanbase are loyal enough to the point where they enjoy pumping there colors to everyone. the acc and be will now be the best football possible under the ncaa.

get real people. i clearly stated if its not 4 u....u ever read a espn story? or a blog somewhere, anywhere? there are fans from god knows where repping schools to its death in comments. facebook and tiwtter could cause a war between some fanbases in the country. we barely get any talk media wise. one way to help boost that is by showing that we do in fact have a fanbase with a pulse. that starts with the students and younger fan who are on these sites checking out during the day. to each his own but lets not confuse twitter comments for the poublic to see with a $100k paycheck for a qb.

Reaction Score
Um, I think making comments on an ESPN.com article and directly tweeting a potential recruit are 2 very different things. I thought tweeting kids directly was an NCAA violation.

Reaction Score
Um, I think making comments on an ESPN.com article and directly tweeting a potential recruit are 2 very different things. I thought tweeting kids directly was an NCAA violation.

I'm not sure how the tweeting rule could ever be enforced.....For just a small local sample of this, follow Boeing Brown on twitter and you'll see plenty of South Carolina fans tweeting him directly..."come to USC, we'd love to have you, you're the best,etc....."

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how the tweeting rule could ever be enforced.....For just a small local sample of this, follow Boeing Brown on twitter and you'll see plenty of South Carolina fans tweeting him directly..."come to USC, we'd love to have you, you're the best,etc....."

I agree. As important as I wanna think I am to UCONN football, my tweeting a potential recruit to give UCONN a look is harmless. I'm all for it.

Reaction Score
I agree. As important as I wanna think I am to UCONN football, my tweeting a potential recruit to give UCONN a look is harmless. I'm all for it.
while you may be for it, it is a violation, the same way you can't hold up a sign at a game etc.

Reaction Score
Just be smart.

Hoping @huskyfanDan comes to UConn!!!!!! #FREAK

instead of writing

@huskyfanDan come to UConn man we want you so bad

Reaction Score
Just be smart.

Hoping @huskyfanDan comes to UConn!!!!!! #FREAK

instead of writing

@huskyfanDan come to UConn man we want you so bad

Nah, he committed to wnec instead.

Reaction Score
He didn't have any stars, anyway...

Well, RanGOON will be all over him. Does he have a highlight tape? StartIng middle linebacker job for -dan if he can learn to execute and be a scapegoat to divert the attention away from bad coaching.

Reaction Score
If the twitter stuff is such a violation, can I pose as a fan of another school and get them in hot water?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not big on Twitter and even less so of facebook, but the NCAA had trouble finding anything wrong with Cam Newton's recruitment, how the hell they going to keep up with Twitter world?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I just offered Nissan Versas to all of Boston College's 2013 targets.

Some alert the NCAA that BCU's gone rogue on Twitter.

Reaction Score
See that? Up there?

THAT IS A MAJOR NCAA VIOLATION. DON'T DO IT. WE DON'T ASK YOU NOT TO DO IT BECAUSE "WE AREN'T INTO IT", WE ASK YOU NOT TO DO IT BECAUSE IT'S A MAJOR NCAA VIOLATION.

are the huge caps necessary?

Reaction Score
It is one of those things that will largely get ignored but if there is an investigation of some sort they will try to also see if social media was used inappropriately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom