Communication | The Boneyard

Communication

Reaction Score
Just imagining the kind of communication that Paige++ could bring to the court, not only w/Maya N, and pardon me to mention bestie . I can see Geno & Paige hitting it off. I see possibility of subbing in 4 or even 5 at a time. With other schools beefing it up.....our bench should be 'loaded.'...wouldn't that be nice?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I agree that Geno & Paige will hit it off.....eventually. But make no mistake about it, there will be a battle of wills between the young exuberant pg and the experienced old coach. Geno will be on Paige about her defense, her decision-making and anything else he can think of with an ultimate goal of making Paige the best player she can be.

Paige, for her part, is no shrinking violet. I can see her going back in forth with Geno, frequently questioning “why” or proposing her own idea on how to do things.

At the end of the day, it will be fun to watch, particularly if Paige develops into what we all hope for, one of the best pg’s in the history of WBB with 3 or 4 championship rings to show for her efforts.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Personally, I think we are over hyping the idea of the brilliant but cocky young PG having back and forth banter and battles with Geno but I do not see that.. Only Jen had a sort of combustible relationship and only on specific details and this was probably possible since Geno was not yet deified.

I think the model Geno and Paige will have is alot like the one Crystal and Geno formed very early where Paige will camp out on the sidelines during dead times every second with Geno giving directions and insights and Crystal explaining (in a serious matter fact way) what she sees from her vantage point, And that close relationship was helped by Crystal early showing her fortitude in the Baylor game.

Banter comes in the senior year after 3NC ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Just imagining the kind of communication that Paige++ could bring to the court, not only w/Maya N, and pardon me to mention bestie . I can see Geno & Paige hitting it off. I see possibility of subbing in 4 or even 5 at a time. With other schools beefing it up.....our bench should be 'loaded.'...wouldn't that be nice?
Geno has always had a good/great relationship with his PG From Jen-Sue- Renee- Moriah-Crystal but those relationships evolved and got better over time. Sue recently told stories of being tossed from practice by Geno. I don't know that Paige's relationship will be any different and I don't expect she will be treated better than any other Freshman Geno has ever had.
Regarding 4 and 5 substitution I don't see that happening either. 1/2 of the team are Freshman they are not all going to pan out in their first year of college basketball. 4 or 5 subs at a time would also mean the rotation is at 9 players. Geno doesn't do experiments, as in throw a player out there and see what happens.

Reaction Score
There is more hype about Paige here than there was for a teenager named Jesus. Maybe some posters should walk it back a tad. Its seems like being merely being good to great isn't going to be enough for many...so chill and don't forget we need a big...;)

Reaction Score
There is more hype about Paige here than there was for a teenager named Jesus. Maybe some posters should walk it back a tad. Its seems like being merely being good to great isn't going to be enough for many...so chill and don't forget we need a big...;)

About that other teenager; who was the “big” among the Apostles?

Reaction Score
About that other teenager; who was the “big” among the Apostles?
It is generally accepted that artificial perspective was employed by Da Vinci in this picture to highlight the main subject. Therefore it will be unusually difficult for @MilfordHusky (Hartley units) or @Biff (superimposed comparison lines) to determine the relative heights of the team members.
1591544718229.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Like most freshmen, Paige, is really a blank slate to us. We all imagine her to have the characteristics we want her to have. To that end, I “imagine“ page to be a willing student of the game who is confident enough in herself to understand that any coaches’ “criticism” offer game isn’t a personal attack but rather an attempt to educate.

Everything we see about this kid tells us she’s going to be pretty special, but in the end she still a freshman and we need to be patient. Being a D1 athlete is incredibly difficult especially in a game where there are only ten (and only five from your team) people on the court at one time. Even more so if, by virtue of your position, you were going to have the ball in your hands a significant amount of time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Paige is not a china doll. Nor should we as fans be frightened of our own shadow. There’s a reason why Paige is getting the hype - she has performed at levels to deserve the hype. Being thought of as "near as good as" Boston and Jones while they were seniors and Paige just a junior and may have been even better than them only reinforces the notion that she is one helluva player. Why is it that South Carolina can have 2 starters help their team go undefeated, UCONN had 1 starter solidly contribute this year and one last year, while Maryland had a frosh pg getting 27 minutes, yet UCONN fans are supposed to feel caution for Paige? C'mon.

There is no reason for some of us to "walk back a tad" (whatever that means) or "be patient" (whatever that means) with an expectation that Paige is not going to be a good basketball in her freshman year. There is no reason not to expect this is one helluva player who should get quite a lot of minutes. Please stop being scared.

Instead of being scared of my own shadow, I am delighted in knowing we got one helluva player and I realize she is not Jesus and as a result she will probably have more bad games her freshman year vs her soph year vs her jr year vs her sr year. There is no reason to walk back to some mythical "tad" or "be patient" in expecting a good basketball player. If some of you want to be scared that's your business. I have the expectation that UCONN has one helluva player and that player is not perfect. Even Diana Taurasi missed a jump shot now and then.

Reaction Score
Its normal to forecast how frosh will play but humorous at this early stage to project her personality. Suggest we stay focused on basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom