Commit Arkeel Newsome named to 50th Annual Parade All-American team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Commit Arkeel Newsome named to 50th Annual Parade All-American team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As much as it pains me to admit this, P did a great job of wrapping this kid up early and keeping him in the fold. His numbers are unreal and I don't care what state he plays in. I would be very surprised if he was not being pursued by lots of big programs. And please, Rivals/Scout do not get that stuff right a lot of the time.

It doesn't pain me to say it at all, P was a good recruiter, or at least his staff did well with recruiting. P had other problems. We have a few guys on the roster that we probably wouldn't have gotten under Edsall. I think Diaco should be better still, but we won't really be able to gauge that for at least another year.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I hope that nobody took my post as me getting "testy"! I was looking through the names in the past that Pennsylvania has produced (a pretty impressive list), and then the last name just popped out at me. It was like...BAMM!!! Alright, now where did my oxygen tank go??? :eek:
Never just love the enthusiasm!

Reaction Score
This kid is my early favorite, can't wait to see him at the Rent

Reaction Score
Is it the general consensus that this kid is getting the ball as a true frosh? I don't know how common that is or if we can expect him to be an instant impact with the players in our backfield currently.
My grandmother would be better than our backfield currently and she's dead!

Reaction Score
It doesn't pain me to say it at all, P was a good recruiter, or at least his staff did well with recruiting. P had other problems. We have a few guys on the roster that we probably wouldn't have gotten under Edsall. I think Diaco should be better still, but we won't really be able to gauge that for at least another year.

I don't know how you can say P did a good job recruiting. Other than Obi (who I think will be excellent), hardly any of his kids have seen meaningful time. It seems to me a lot didn't make it to campus. Jury is still out in my opinion.

I will say getting Whitmer and Phillips in as transfers was an excellent move.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I don't know how you can say P did a good job recruiting. Other than Obi (who I think will be excellent), hardly any of his kids have seen meaningful time.

I hate finding myself in the position of defending the last regime, but they in fact did a very good job of recruiting. If you looked at our 2-deep last season, I believe the calculation that I came out with was about 45% were PP's underclassmen. That's rare on most football teams. Not just Obi; people like Jhavon Williams, Brian Lemelle, and a bunch of others.....oh, and that kid at QB....what's his name....Cochran, I think? ;) Consider this: all of the QB's on the roster are PP's. Just saying...

Reaction Score
Huge accolades for a CT kid. Glad he is (as of now) sticking with his commitment to play for UConn

I think you can maybe start to breathe easier B -

Newsome Committed To The UConn Way, Familiar With Huskies
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-0202-20140201,0,4744974.story

"For me, it was more about the school, but the staff had something to do with it too and of course the players," Newsome said. "They made me feel at home up there, and staying home means a lot to me. My family, everyone can come see me, but really I just wanted to play in my home state. I enjoyed myself every time I went up there, and going to the games, I loved the environment."

Reaction Score
I think you can maybe start to breathe easier B -

Newsome Committed To The UConn Way, Familiar With Huskies
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-0202-20140201,0,4744974.story

"For me, it was more about the school, but the staff had something to do with it too and of course the players," Newsome said. "They made me feel at home up there, and staying home means a lot to me. My family, everyone can come see me, but really I just wanted to play in my home state. I enjoyed myself every time I went up there, and going to the games, I loved the environment."

He may not be the highest rated, but I think he is the biggest (not in stature) commit we have.

Reaction Score
I don't know how you can say P did a good job recruiting. Other than Obi (who I think will be excellent), hardly any of his kids have seen meaningful time. It seems to me a lot didn't make it to campus. Jury is still out in my opinion.

what about Cochran and Boyle? Vann and Ashiru were highly rated guys that seem to be panning out well.

Reaction Score

Brian Lemelle, this player is going to have a big career at UConn and as a true frosh he was pretty productive. The jury is still out on the lineman but at the end of the Louisville game we had a second string O-line in with Levy and Rugg and they looked pretty good as CC led them down the field. Shaf. has yet to see the field. We've got talent in the program and they will really benefit from the coaching change.

Reaction Score
Perception is everything isn't it? I bet that last year when Brian Lemelle was inserted in the games you thought he was just another hopefully talented freshman. I did. Now we discover he was a Parade All American. It's a very impressive moniker, akin to a McDonald's All American in basketball. Most of us were not aware of his selection. Tell me it doesn't raise your perception of him. Arkeel is in pretty heady company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom