comments/questions for uconnchev | The Boneyard

comments/questions for uconnchev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First of all, you've done an exceptionally well job of demonstrating a relationship with these young recruits and getting info around recruitment, whether it be UConn related or not. As far as I'm concerned you've established yourself as a much as a credible source as many other cbb recruiting beat writers, including the 'golden boy' Alex Kline. It just makes me that much more pleased that you've established yourself as a Husky centric guy.

As you might expect, with my praise comes some deeper questions (many more questions). I wonder, are you able to extract some more valuable information from these young kids? Or are these kids conditioned/trained to consistently give vanilla answers? For example, when asking a recruit how a visit went, do they consistently say "it was great" like in the recent event of Rodney Purvis? Or are they often more descriptive and honest with you but it's your job to editorialize as a means to maintain a positive relationship? In the example of New England recruit Wayne Seldon, is he ever open or candid with you, or are you uniformly stuck with generic answers?

I really don't mean to ask these questions to diminish your abilities as an interviewer (because boy am I glad you're on our side). I just often wonder if there is some sort of fundamental causation making these kids speak in generalities? Personally, I believe much of it has to do with the politics of recruiting and the way it's dynamic is often referred to as a "poker game." I just wish that for many, who's valuations have reached their max, they were able to revel a bit more.

Reaction Score
He has his own website as well- you might want to check it out for more info.

I agree that Chev is the man- even if he is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom